What is Debridat® (Trimebutine) used for?
Debridat® is commonly used for regulating movement of the intestinal tract. It is used to treat symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (spastic colon). It may also be used after intestinal surgery.
How should I take Debridat® (Trimebutine)?
- Tablet: take medication by mouth before meals.
- Oral suspension: shake suspension well before measuring a dose. Use a dose-measuring cup, spoon, or dropper to measure the specified dose of the suspension.
How do I store Debridat® (Trimebutine)?
Debridat® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Debridat® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Debridat® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Debridat® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Debridat® (Trimebutine)?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist, if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any ingredients of Debridat® or other medications.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
- Pregnancy: Debridat® is not recommended. If you become pregnant while taking this medication, contact your doctor immediately.
- Breastfeeding: It is not known whether Debridat® penetrate into breast milk, it may affect your baby. Talk to your doctor about whether you should continue breastfeeding, if you are a breastfeeding mother and are taking this medication.
What side effects can occur from Debridat® (Trimebutine)?
Debridat® may cause these side effects, such as:
- Dry mouth;
- Foul taste;
- Difficulty urinating;
- Painful enlargement of the breast;
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Debridat® (Trimebutine)?
Debridat® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
- Taking Debridat® and tubocurarine together may affect the absorption and enhance the side effects of tubocurarine.
Does food or alcohol interact with Debridat® (Trimebutine)?
Debridat® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Debridat® (Trimebutine)?
Debridat® may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication.
What is the dose of Debridat® (Trimebutine) for an adult?
Irritable bowel syndrome
- Adult: 300-600 mg/day in 3 divided doses.
- Elderly:use with caution.
- Adult: 300 mg/day in 3 divided doses.
- Elderly: use with caution.
What is the dose of Debridat® (Trimebutine) for a child?
Usual dose: 5 ml/5 kg body/day
- >5 yr10 ml teaspoon;
- 1-5 yr5 ml teaspoon;
- 6 mth-1 yr5 ml twice a day;
- <6 mth5 ml bd-teaspoon.
How is Debridat® (Trimebutine) available?
Debridat® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Debridat® tablet 100mg Trimebutine Maleate;
- Debridat® oral suspension 4.8 mg/ml x 250 ml;
- Debridat® oral suspension 8 mg/ml x 125 ml.
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services (115) or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Debridat®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.