What is Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate) used for?
How should I take Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate)?
For oral use, dissolve tablet in a half-glass of water. Do not chew or crush. Swallow it whole.
How do I store Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate)?
Calcibronat® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Calcibronat® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Calcibronat® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Calcibronat® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate)?
Before using this drug, tell your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Calcibronat® or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
Also, do not use this drug if:
- Take if you are suffering from teenage acne.
- Give to babies less than 30 months old.
- Give to undernourished or dehydrated elderly people.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using Calcibronat® during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Calcibronat®.
What side effects can occur from Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate)?
Possible side effects include:
- Daytime drowsiness
- Loss of appetite
- Skin problems, such as rashes or itching (very rare)
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate)?
Calcibronat® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Does food or alcohol interact with Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate)?
Calcibronat® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate)?
Calcibronat® may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
These health conditions may include:
- A low-sugar diet
- Hypercalcaemia (i.e. the calcium levels in your blood are too high)
- Calciferous lithiasis (formation of calcium calculi, or stones) in the body
- Hypercalciuria (i.e. the calcium levels in your urine are too high)
- Calcification (hardening of calcium deposits) of the kidneys
- Chronic glomerular nethropathy (kidney disease)
- Fructose-intolerant, suffer from glucose or sucrose malabsorption, or have a sucrose-isomaltase deficiency (medicine contains sucrose)
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate).
What is the dose of Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate) for an adult?
Suitable for adults and children weighing more than 30 kg.
The recommended dose is 1 or 2 effervescent tablets per day.
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
What is the dose of Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate) for a child?
For children over 30 kg, the recommended dose is 1 tablet per day.
How is Calcibronat® (calcium bromolactobionate) available?
Calcibronat® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Tablets 2g
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Calcibronat®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.