How my baby growing?
Your baby is about the size of a scallion, the length from top to heel is 39cm and the weight is about 750g.
Although your baby’s eyes have been shut for the last few months, they will soon open and start to blink. Depending on ethnicity, some babies will be born with black or brown-black eyes. Their eyes may change color in the first year of life and some will be born with brown or dark eyes. Eyelashes and hairs are also growing.
Body & Life Changes
How is my body changing?
Your uterus is a safe haven for your baby before birth. But your baby will be moving to a new home after birth. Take the time now to safeguard your home before the baby’s appearance. There are some steps you can do to ensure your child’s safety. You can cover electrical outlets, remove choking dangers, install smoke alarms and block-off staircases. Take every precautions you can think of. Remember that no precaution can substitute for the careful supervision of your child.
What should I be concerned about?
You will feel unstable and have clumsy footsteps. When you are in the third trimester, there are many causes of falling. On the one hand, your belly becomes bigger. It makes your central of gravity shifts, which causes forward diving. Besides, your joints become unstable and exhaustion also causes daydream and carelessness. They and can blocks your view and makes you easy to fall.
What should I tell my doctor?
Stretch marks and itching tumors start to appear more frequently. It can be uncomfortable. But you should try to be opstimistic because you have only three months left until delivery. Tumors of pregnancy mostly appear at the stretch marks on your belly, thighs, butt and arms. Doctor will prescribe topical medication and antihistamines or injections to reduce your discomfort.
What tests should I know about?
Several new tests are done in this month tests. When you are in the trimester, doctor may give you variable tests. They based on your requirements and doctor’s style. They include:
- Weigh and blood pressure test;
- Urine screen to check the levels of sugar and protein;
- Fetal heart rate test;
- Check the size of uterus by touching the outside to see how it related to the delivery;
- The height of the fundus (the top of the uterus);
- Legs varicose, hands and feet swelling;
- Glucose screening;
- Blood test for anemia;
- Inoculations against diphtheria;
- Pre-existing symptoms, especially abnormal symptoms.
- List of questions you want to ask your doctor.
Health & Safety
What should I know about being healthy and safe while pregnant?
You belly is not the only organ which gets bigger during pregnancy. Your ankle and feet will get swollen, especially at the end of the day. These swellings are not harmful, but it makes you uncomfortable in your daily life. It may be harder for you to wear shoes, your ring may get tighter and it is hard to take it off your finger. Slight swelling of ankles, feet and hands is normal. It relates to the increase of necessary fluid in pregnancy. In fact, 75% of women gets swollen at some time during pregnancy, usually around week 26. Swelling gets worse when the weather is warm or after spending too much time on sitting or standing. In fact, swelling may go down after lying down for a night or a few hours.
Some women with strong characteristic may want to have a tattoo but this is not the right time for it. You should carefully consider these following:
- Hepatitis B and HIV/AIDS are two of body fluids transmitted diseases. This means you may be infected by a dirty tattoo needle. These diseases can transmit to your baby if you are pregnancy.
- Scientists have not known how dye and tattoo ink will affect your baby. But remember that a small amount of chemical might be harmless to adult but it causes a huge impact on fetus.
- Doctor mostly put a dura if you have a tattoo on the low back but this might be unnecessary if the tattoo is new. There is no clearly proof for or against using dura. If you have a tattoo on your back and intent to use a dura, you should find the policies of the local hospital.
- Your skin also stretches during pregnancy. The appearance of the tattoo may change after your baby’s born.
How will the baby’s growing in next week?
Hello Health Group does not provide advice, diagnosis and medical treatments.
Review Date: October 26, 2018 | Last Modified: October 26, 2018
Poppy seed to pumpkin: How big is your baby?
http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size. Accessed March 30, 2015.
Pregnancy calendar week 26. http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_center/pregnancy_calendar/week26.html. Accessed March 30, 2015.
Your pregnancy: 26 weeks. http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-26-weeks_1115.bc. Accessed March 30, 2015.