Iftar is the meal you eat at the end of a fasting day during the month of Ramadan. Iftar is served after the evening prayers. This is the time for families and friends to gather and strengthen the bonds. Traditionally, the Iftar only contains dates and water. Haleem and nombu kanji are also common in many areas. Eating healthily is very important during this time. Here you can find some healthy recipes for Iftar to make Ramadan a memorable experience for your loved ones.
The main ingredients of anjeer barfi are figs and nuts. How to make anjeer barfi:
- Chop the nuts and dry toast them until they are crunchy.
- Chop the figs and put them in the same pan used to roast nuts. Add 2 tablespoons of water to soften the figs.
- Chop dates, raisins, cinnamon. Add them to the figs. Add nutmeg powder and cardamon powder then cook it atlow temperature for a few minutes.
- After 4 minutes, your mixture should be sticky. If it isn’t you should continue to cook it until it turns mushy. You may add one teaspoon of coconut oil to help you cook for a longer time without burning. If you use a non-stick pan, you probably don’t need the oil.
- By now, the mixture should be hot and thick.
- Add the nuts you prepared at the beginning and mix everything together until the mixture looks dry and firm. If it cannot solidify, you may need to cook it for another couple of minutes.
- Place the mixture on an oiled plate, spread it out and wait for it to cool down. Once it’s cool, you can cut it into small pieces.
Anjeer barfi, if stored in a fridge, can last up to a week. If you don’t have a fridge, you should eat it up within a day.
Cabbage rolls with spicy vegetables
- Add cabbage leaves to boiling water and boil them in there for 5 minutes until they are soft. Then, remove the stem and put the leaves aside.
- Use a large pan to warm olive oil and cook onions, pine seeds and carrots at a medium temperature for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, raisins, cumin powder, cinnamon powder, black pepper, and spice up pleasurably.
- Add tomato paste, parsley, and rice. Stir until everything mixes well together and let it cool down.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the filling on a cabbage leaf and roll in.
- Place the rolled cabbage parcels in a steep dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the parcels and bake in a 180°C oven for 20-25 minutes.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.