Table of Contents
- Advertising Policy
- Corrections Policy
- Editorial Policy
- Our Sponsors
The purpose of these policies and procedures is to ensure that all users of the Hello Health Group site are fully aware of the terms and conditions attached to using any of the Hello Health Group websites, including HelloDoktor.com
If in doubt of any of our policies we suggest you immediately stop using Hello Health Group sites.
Last modified: August 5th, 2015
II. Hello Health Group Disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Hello Health Group and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Hello Health Group. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Hello Health Group takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Last modified: August 5th, 2015
III. Advertising Policy
Hello Health Group Advertising Policy
The following guidelines have been established by Hello Health Group to govern various aspects of Advertising on the Hello Health Group Network, which includes websites and mobile applications directed to consumers, which we refer to as the “Hello Health Group Consumer Properties,” and websites and mobile applications directed to healthcare professionals, which we refer to as the “Hello Health Group Professional Properties.” As used in this policy, the terms “Advertising” and “Advertisements” include third party banners, badges, contextual advertising, and sponsored content. The guidelines in this policy govern issues like acceptance of Advertisements by Hello Health Group, how Advertisements are displayed on the Hello Health Group, and the removal of Advertisements from the Hello Health Group. Hello Health Group has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the Hello Health Group. Hello Health Group may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the applicable Hello Health Group Property.
- Hello Health Group has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the Hello Health Group Network, and under no circumstances will Hello Health Group’s acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
- Hello Health Group will not accept Advertising that, in Hello Health Group’s opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste.
- There are certain categories of advertisements that Hello Health Group will not permit on the Hello Health Group Network at any time. These categories include but are not limited to the following:
- Illegal, ‘objectionable’, ‘ineffective’ and/or ‘dangerous’ products (Hello Health Group reserves the right to determine what is ‘objectionable’, ‘ineffective’ and/or ‘dangerous’).
- fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading or offensive material.
- material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied) or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status deemed inappropriate for the Hello Health Group Network.
- weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks.
- pornography or related themes.
- tobacco use of any kind.
- the simulation of news or an emergency.
- material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children under the age of 13.
- media or messages for or that reference “M” rated video games or content.
- unreasonable, unlikely or extraordinary product or service claims.
- media messages or imagery that strobe or flash.
- media or messages that contain unsubstantiated “miracle” weight loss or other miracle claims of cure.
- advertising units that extend beyond the defined advertising space or interfere with the content or impact the readability of the content without user initiation.
- advertising units that do not retract to the defined advertising space upon user scroll off or do not contain a “close” or “X” for user to retract or close the ad unit/message after user initiation.
- advertising units that mimic computer functions or deceptively indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit.
- Hello Health Group recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between advertising and sponsored content and editorial content. Our editorial content is not influenced by our advertising or sponsored content. Hello Health Group will endeavor to ensure that all Advertising or sponsored content on the Hello Health Group Network will be clearly and unambiguously identified. Hello Health Group will not allow any Advertising on a Hello Health Group Consumer Property that is not identified with the label of “Advertisement”, “From Our Sponsor” or a similar designation, or on a Hello Health Group Professional Property that is not identified with the label of “Advertisement,” “Information from Industry,” “From Our Sponsor” or some similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- A click on an Advertisement may only link the end user to the third-party advertiser’s site or to relevant sponsored content area on a Hello Health Group.
- Hello Health Group retains the exclusive right to determine how any and all search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on applicable Hello Health Group Properties based on Hello Health Group delivered search results. Content listed in search results is displayed with its source, e.g., “Health A-Z” or “Drugs A-Z.” If sponsored content appears in the search results, it is labeled as “Hello Health Group Sponsor” on the applicable Hello Health Group Properties and “Industry Information” on the applicable Hello Health Group Professional Properties so that users can make informed decisions about the content they wish to view.
- As described in the “Ads by Google” hyper link in the Ads by Google section on applicable Hello Health Group Consumer Properties Search pages, these “Ads by Google” are listings that have been purchased by companies that want to have links to their websites appear adjacent to search results in response to specific terms. Hello Health Group may receive payment from Google in connection with displaying the sponsored link results on these Hello Health Group Consumer Properties or based on clicks on these links.
- While third party (sponsor or advertiser produced) content must adhere to this Advertising Policy, labeling of sponsored content on the Hello Health Group Consumer Properties is governed by Our Sponsor Policy, which describes how we label information from our Sponsors and the steps we take to help our end users understand the differences between Hello Health Group content and sponsored content.
- Advertising on the Hello Health Group Properties may not link directly to a registration/email capture page. Any user registration or email capture pages resulting from an ad click on the Hello Health Group Properties must be, at minimum, two clicks away from the original Advertisement. The Hello Health Group Properties will not run Advertising that requires registration and/or log-in in order to view a significant portion of the content of the Advertising or the related site. Hello Health Group reserves the right to determine what level is ‘significant’.
- Hello Health Group reserves the right to approve whether it will accept, reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the Hello Health Group Network for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation following the rejection, cancellation, or removal. Hello Health Group cannot provide any assurances that client programs or components will perform without error on all platforms, including websites, mobile devices and Apps.
- It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to comply with all domestic and foreign laws and regulations applicable to its Advertising within the Hello Health Group Network (and to include all legally required legends, disclosures and statements in such Advertising), including without limitation the current MOH guidelines for advertising. Hello Health Group will not monitor compliance with such laws and regulations. However, Hello Health Group reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if Hello Health Group becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, Hello Health Group may remove the Advertising from the Hello Health Group.
- No Advertising on the Hello Health Group Network shall include any pixels, tags, flash containers or any other type of information collection software code or shall place any beacons, cookies or other information collection devices on the browsers of users of the Hello Health Group Network unless expressly approved in writing by Hello Health Group. No personally-identifiable information may be collected from any user of the Hello Health Group Network without the express written consent of Hello Health Group and the express opt-in consent of such user. No non-personally-identifiable information that is collected from a user of the Hello Health Group Network may be linked to any personally-identifiable information available to an Advertiser without the express written consent of Hello Health Group.
Last modified: September 16th, 2015
IV. Corrections Policy
Hello Health Group Corrections Policy
Hello Health Group is committed to making corrections or clarifications to original content when it deems necessary. We take prompt action to edit even minor errors like spelling, grammar, or stylistic changes. Because style changes do not change the meaning of the content, those kinds of “style” changes will be updated on our site without notice.
If we identify errors that are material to the content, we will update the content and note those corrections on this page for sixty (60) days after the correction by linking to the corrected version of the original article and note the correction here for your reference. This corrections policy only applies to Hello Health Group original content, including, but not limited to, news, feature articles, or original medical reference material. Any corrections to license or third party content are the responsibility of the publisher.
If you believe you have found an error in any of our content, let us know by sending an email to our Customer Service team using the “Contact Us” links in the footer section of our Site.
Last modified: August 5th, 2015
V. Editorial Policy
Hello Health Group Editorial Policy
Our mission is to bring you the most objective, trustworthy, and accurate health information. Our daily goal is to ensure that Hello Health Group is your practical and relevant content source for health and medicine.
We are committed to providing information on a wide variety of health topics, and rather than filtering certain types of information that may or may not be applicable to any one individual’s personal health, we rely on you, our reader, to choose the information that is most appropriate for you. Be aware, however, that information on Hello Health Group or any other web site should not be used as a substitute for professional healthcare. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on our site or any site.
The following sections detail our content policies and procedures.
Editorial Selection Criteria for Original Content Created by Hello Health Group
Hello Health Group creates original content based upon the following criteria:
Relevance — Issues that could affect how you manage your own health and that of your family’s. Topics include coverage of health news; drug and product launches, recalls, and alerts; health advisories; and expert commentary on managing diseases and conditions and staying healthy.
Clinical Significance – Sources and medical references used have referenced the latest medical findings published in peer-reviewed medical journals, such as The Journal of the American Medical Association, The New England Journal of Medicine, The Lancet, Pediatrics, Diabetes Care, Circulation, and many others.
Trends — Seasonal interests, such as “Flood Safety,” “Allergy Seasons,” and “Cold and Flu;” public health awareness, such as “Breast Cancer Awareness Month,” and “Healthy Heart Month;” and emerging health trends, such as the latest in nutrition, fitness, disease prevention, healthy living, alternative approaches, and much more.
Our Content Is Different
It’s more reliable. In a medium often accused of providing outdated and inaccurate information, Hello Health Group stands out as a credible, authoritative source of health information.
Our news and feature stories are based on our editors’ selections of the most important and relevant health events occurring on a given day. Our news articles are more than a short summary of a study or an event. They often contain interviews with the medical researchers who authored them, plus interviews with objective experts who can put the research into context and tell the reader what it means in today’s world.
Editorial Integrity — Hello Health Group ‘s journalistic responsibility is to make a clear distinction between news, features, reference, and other information, so that individuals can readily distinguish independent editorial information from paid, promotional information.
Editorial Independence — In its reporting, Hello Health Group maintains exemplary principles of fairness, accuracy, objectivity, and responsible, independent reporting.
Journalistic Excellence — Hello Health Group upholds traditional journalistic principles of excellence in reporting original news for the Internet and in reviewing and corroborating information from other sources.
Editorial Policy for Hello Health Group Editorial Staff
Anyone who serves on the Hello Health Group Editorial staff must fully disclose any potential conflict of interest with any sponsor or vendor.
Hello Health Group keeps its Editorial staff separate and distinct from staff dedicated to sponsors or partners. No person will serve on both staffs, no Editorial employee will be asked to perform duties on behalf of a sponsor.
The Hello Health Group Editorial staff is charged with the responsibility of providing objective, accurate, and balanced accounts of events and issues. Hello Health Group reporters must diligently seek out subjects of stories or qualified experts to provide commentary. They also seek objective commentary or comment from a qualified spokesperson to provide balance.
Hello Health Group journalists strive to provide thorough and honest coverage and share a dedication to ethical behavior and the highest professional standards.
News & Original Article Process
Each weekday, our editorial staff and medical advisory board plans the daily news “budget,” all stories planned for the day. It contains the latest information from the most important medical journals, announcements from federal health agencies, and analyses on the latest health trends. Our experienced health reporters talk daily with prominent medical leaders, providing in-depth analyses, updates, and profiles that give our health news and content a perspective found nowhere else. Every original article is reviewed by our medical advisory board of editors.
The Hello Health Group Editorial staff gets its stories from an array of sources: peer-reviewed medical journals, medical conferences, federal or state government actions, and enterprise material derived from interviews with medical experts. Hello Health Group also believes that valuable content is available from Hello Health Group sponsors, advertisers, and partners, but that such content must be clearly labeled.
Each completed story to be published is reviewed by a medical editor for accuracy, appropriateness of medical language, and proper characterization of the findings. The story is then reviewed by an Editorial Editor who edits it for style, flow, punctuation, and readability. Finally, the story moves from editing to publishing on the site.
When Hello Health Group licenses health and wellness content from third-parties for publication on our site, the Hello Health Group senior Editorial editors and medical editors review the third-party’s editorial policies and procedures for consistency with the Hello Health Group Editorial Policies.
Sponsored Content and Advertising
In using our site, you will see that some content, buttons, badges and banners are labeled “Sponsored”, “From Our Sponsor” or “Advertisement”. This content has not been reviewed by the Hello Health Group Editorial Staff and is not subject to this Editorial Policy. We do not control these ads. Our editorial content is not influenced by our advertising or sponsored content. Content, buttons, badges or banners labeled “From Our Sponsor” are subject to the policy governing Our Sponsors. Content, buttons, badges and banners labeled “Advertisement” are subject to our Advertising Policy.
Last modified: September 16th, 2015
Information Collected About You
When you use the Services, we collect information as follows:
While you may use most of the Services without registering, certain Services do require that you register with Hello Doktor for them to be accessible. If you choose to register or update an existing account with Hello Doktor or access certain Services, you may be required to provide certain personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, gender, email address and date of birth, and a username and password to access your Hello Doktor account. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the personal information that you submit to Hello Doktor.
Some of our Services, such as Hello Doktor Symptom Checker, are interactive and may request that you submit health-related information, along with other information such as your age and gender. You are not required to register with Hello Doktor to use Hello Doktor Symptom Checker and if you are registered with Hello Doktor, we do not associate information that you submit to the Symptom Checker with registration information that you have previously provided.
Email a Friend
If you use our Email a Friend service to tell a friend about a feature on a Hello Doktor Site or a newsletter, we will ask you for your name, your email address and your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site using your name and email address as the “from” email address. Hello Doktor does not use your friend’s email information for any other purpose. We will only use the information you provide to send the requested email to your friend.
If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please use the Contact Us link provided at the bottom of every page of the Hello Doktor Sites.
Emails You Send to Hello Doktor
Services and Device Information
When you access and use the Services, Hello Doktor automatically collects and stores in its server logs information from your browser or mobile device such as your IP address or unique device identifier, browser information (including referring URL), your preferences and settings, cookies and information about the content you have viewed and actions taken (e.g., search queries, ad engagement, clicks and the associated dates and times). Hello Doktor may also collect device-specific information when you install and use an App including your device model, operating system information, advertising ID (which is a unique, user-resettable identification number for advertising associated with a mobile device) and App version and usage information. When enabled by you, we collect precise location information provided by your mobile device, which you may disable through the device settings.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We also work with third party ad networks to display advertising on our Hello Doktor Sites and on third party websites. Our ad network vendors use technologies to collect information about your activities on the Hello Doktor Sites and in our flagship Hello Doktor App to provide you cookie-based targeted advertising on our Hello Doktor Sites and on third party websites based upon your browsing activity and your interests.
How Information Collected About You Is Used
Information about your use of the Services may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide, improve and create new Services,
- to respond to your inquiries and to send you administrative communications about the Hello Doktor Sites and Services,
- to obtain your feedback about the Hello Doktor Sites and Services,
- to send you secure electronic messages and personalized emails pertaining to your interests as inferred from your use of the Services, including news, announcements, reminders, appointments with HCPs and opportunities from Hello Doktor,
- to statistically analyze trends and user behavior and activity including how frequently areas of the Hello Doktor Sites are visited, how the Services are being used and how many emails are received and opened,
- to provide you and people with similar demographic characteristics and interests with more relevant content including advertising both on and off the Hello Doktor Sites and Apps,
- to provide lead generation (the sale of contact information for outreach by partners) services for users who consent,
- to detect and defend against fraud and other threats to the Services and our users,
- to identify issues with the Services,
- to conduct research and measurement activities, including those described below, and
- to administer your account.
In addition, Hello Doktor may use personal information about you for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information and/or with your consent.
Sharing Your Information
Hello Doktor Subsidiaries and Corporate Affiliates
Companies and Contractors that Work with Hello Doktor
Hello Doktor works with third party companies and contractors that help us provide the Services and to otherwise assist in the operation of the Hello Doktor Sites and Apps, including those that provide services relating to technology, data analysis, research, email management and deployment, sweepstakes and contest administration, advertising and marketing and/or content. Hello Doktor contractors sometimes have limited access to your information in the course of providing products or services to Hello Doktor. We contractually require that our contractors not use or disclose your information for any purpose other than providing the limited service or function for Hello Doktor.
Third Party Advertisers and Third Party Websites
We may also include social widgets on the Hello Doktor Sites which enable you to interact with the associated social media services, e.g., to share an article. These widgets may collect browsing data which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by these third parties. You may be able to manage your privacy preferences directly with the applicable social network platform.
Compliance with Law, Regulation, and Law Enforcement Requests
To cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with law, we may release personal information to third parties: (1) to comply with legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; (2) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; or (3) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights.
How Your Information is Secured and Retained
We take reasonable security measures to protect the security of your personal information. Despite Hello Doktor’s efforts to protect your personal information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter personal information (including personal health information in various Services), we encrypt the transmission of that information or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology.
We will retain your personal information as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. At any time you can remove your personal information or instruct us to remove it, but you should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to Hello Doktor from our servers. See “Your Choices and Rights” below for more information on how you can update or remove your personal information. We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Your Choices and Rights
Updating/Removing Your Personal Information
If you have registered and desire to delete any of your registration information you have provided to us from our systems please contact us using the contact information listed below in the “Contacting Hello Doktor About Your Personal Information or Privacy” section or through the Contact Us link provided at the bottom of every page of the Hello Doktor Sites. Upon your request, we will delete your registration information from our active databases and where feasible from our back-up media. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to the Hello Doktor Sites from our servers.
When you sign up to receive email communications for any of our Services, including our email newsletters, or at any time, you can choose to opt out of receiving additional newsletters or other email communications from Hello Doktor or our advertisers or sponsors.
You can unsubscribe from an email newsletter by:
- Following the directions included at the bottom of the newsletter and using the “Unsubscribe” link found in the emails.
- Logging in to the Hello Doktor Sites and unchecking the newsletters you no longer wish to receive under the “My Profile” section.
If you decide that you would prefer not to receive personalized email or secure electronic messages from the Hello Doktor Health Manager tool, you may also “Opt-out” of the Service by clicking on the settings tab on your Health Manager home page and changing your email preference or following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email.
All promotional emails that Hello Doktor sends with opportunities from Hello Doktor or with offers or informational materials from Hello Doktor on behalf of our sponsors will contain an opportunity to unsubscribe from getting additional emails of that type in the future from Hello Doktor unless you re-subscribe.
You may also control interest-based advertising on your mobile device by enabling the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS device’s settings or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android device’s settings. This will not prevent you from seeing advertisements, but will limit the use of device advertising identifiers to personalize ads based on your interests. If you have questions about how to reject cookies on your specific device please check with the device manufacturer.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Hello Doktor Sites are not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. The Hello Doktor Sites do not collect personal information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13.
Note to Users Outside of Malaysia
Contacting Hello Doktor About Your Personal Information or Privacy
You can also contact Hello Health Group at:
Hello Doktor LLC
Hello Health Group Pte. Ltd. 10 Anson Road #27-15 International Plaza 079903 Singapore
Phone: +66 61 960 0503
In the event of a complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Privacy officer will confirm receipt of the complaint and will investigate the potential breach. Hello Doktor will endeavor to respond to any complaint within  days of original receipt. Further information may be sought from you in order to provide you with a comprehensive response.
Last modified: July 7th, 2020
VII. Our Sponsors
Since we launched Hello Health Group we have regularly sought sponsorships and advertisements from relevant commercial organizations, manufacturers, and other leaders dedicated to providing health and lifestyle information. These sponsorships, which are a form of advertising, enable us to provide you with our award-winning content at no cost to you. Hello Health Group provides opportunities for sponsors to bring you their marketing message and information about their products and services by publishing their information or links within our site. We take several steps to ensure that you can clearly identify content that is provided by and is under the editorial control of our sponsors before you view it, so you can make an informed decision as to whether or not to view it. For more information, read our Advertising Policy.
When You See “From Our Sponsor”, “Sponsored by”, “Promoted by”, or “By (Sponsor’s Name)” on Hello Health Group
In order to clearly distinguish between Hello Health Group content and content that is created or provided by one of our sponsors, we always label content from our sponsors as “From Our Sponsor”, “Sponsored by”, “Promoted by”, or “By (Sponsor’s Name)”. While content from a sponsor is subject to Hello Health Group ‘s Advertising Policy, it is not subject to Hello Health Group ‘s Editorial Policy. The sponsor is responsible for the accuracy and objectivity of their content and the content is not reviewed by the Hello Health Group Editorial Department for accuracy, objectivity or balance.
Here are the ways that we identify content as being from a sponsor and some related points that we would like to bring to your attention:
All content on Hello Health Group that is created or provided by a sponsor is identified with the label “From Our Sponsor”, “Sponsored by”, “Promoted by”, or “By (Sponsor’s Name)”.
At the top of each page of content from our sponsors, we place descriptive text to inform you that the content on the page is created or provided by the sponsor and is under their sole editorial control.
Links to sponsor content or content from our sponsor are identified with distinctive coloring and will include the label “From Our Sponsor”, “Sponsored by”, “Promoted by”, or “By (Sponsor’s Name)”.
Within a sponsor’s content, there may be links to the sponsor’s web site.
Sponsored content carries the copyright of the named sponsor or the rightful copyright owner.
Sponsored content includes a descriptive line at the end of the content noting that Hello Health Group does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment.
When Third Parties Fund the creation of Hello Health Group Editorial Content
In addition to creating and providing their own content for presentation to you on our site (labeled as “From Our Sponsor”, “Sponsored By”, “Promoted by” or “By (Sponsor’s Name)”), third parties also provide funding directly to Hello Health Group without having any control over the content. This content may appear in areas of our site that are dedicated to specific conditions or lifestyle activities, may be included in areas of general interest, or appear on our social media channels. Hello Health Group has a staff of over 40 writers, artists, producers, editors and medical professionals. By providing the funds to make it possible for our creation of original Hello Health Group editorial content, we can bring you even more great, award-winning information to help you manage your health or make healthy changes to your lifestyle. Whenever we create original editorial content at the request of a sponsor and the sponsor has selected the topic of the content/program they are funding, we identify the content as being “brought to you by”, or similar designations (labels) noted below during the period that the sponsor funds the content/program. In addition sponsors may request similar attribution on our pre-existing editorial content during the period that they fund a program.
When Hello Health Group content is identified as “brought to you by” a third party we take the following steps:
We place descriptive text at the top of the page to let you know that Hello Health Group created the content without any editorial control from the sponsor who funded it.
You will generally see the words “Brought to you by” with a hyperlink to the definition of “Brought to you by” during the period that the sponsor funds the program.
In some instances, we will also use one of the following four (4) additional labels to let you know that the content was brought to you by a sponsor and these words have the same meaning as “brought to you by”
Funded by our sponsor
Support provided by our sponsor
Made possible by a Grant from our sponsor
Made possible by our sponsor
When Hello Health Group Works with Other Third Parties to Fund the Cost of Educational Content
Hello Health Group at times will work with government and other organizations or associations whose primary mission is to educate the public on health topics or issues. We use a specific framework of criteria to review and select these organizations and work with them to create or select content within specific topic areas. The content is reviewed and edited by the third party and then edited and approved by Hello Health Group ‘s editorial staff. Just like all of Hello Health Group ‘s award-winning content, this category of content is subject to Hello Health Group ‘s editorial policy and process for accuracy, balance, and objectivity.
In these instances, you will find:
We place descriptive text at the top of the page to let you know that Hello Health Group created or selected the content with assistance and collaboration from the organization or association we worked with to create the content.
You will generally see the words “educational collaboration” followed by the name of the organization that we worked with to create the content a hyperlink to the definition of “educational collaboration.”
We also tell you if there was additional funding by other third parties who have no control over the content.
Last modified: August 5th, 2015
The Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice
Use of Content
Liability of Hello Health Group and Its Licensors
Advertisements, Search and Links to Other Sites
Notice and Take Down Procedures, Copyright Agent
The Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice
The contents of the Hello Doktor Site, such as text, graphics, images, and other materials created by Hello Doktor or obtained from Hello Doktor’s licensors, and other materials contained on the Hello Doktor Site (collectively, “Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Hello Doktor Site.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Hello Doktor does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by Hello Doktor, Hello Doktor employees, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of Hello Doktor, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that this Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
Use of the Content
Liability of Hello Doktor and Its Licensors
The use of the Hello Doktor Site and the Content is at your own risk.
When using the Hello Doktor Site, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of Hello Doktor and its suppliers. Accordingly, Hello Doktor assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Hello Doktor Site.
The Hello Doktor Site and the Content are provided on an “as is” basis. HELLO DOKTOR, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, Hello Doktor, its licensors, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
- The accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the Content, software, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the Hello Doktor Site or Hello Doktor.
- The satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products or the approval or compliance of any software tools with regard to the Content contained on the Hello Doktor Site.
User Content and Submissions
If you make any submission or post User Content to a Public Area or a Social Media Platform, you agree that you will not send or transmit to Hello Doktor by email, (including through the email addresses listed on the “Contact Us” page) any communication or content that infringes or violates any rights of any party. If you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to Hello Doktor by email, you agree such submission is non-confidential for all purposes.
If you make any submission or post User Content to a Public Area or a Social Media Platform or if you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to Hello Doktor by email, you automatically grant-or warrant that the owner of such content or intellectual property has expressly granted-Hello Doktor a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, adapt, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and publicly display such submission or User Content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. Hello Doktor may sublicense its rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses. If you wish to keep any business information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary, do not submit them to the Public Areas or Social Media Platforms or to Hello Doktor by email. We try to answer every email in a timely manner, but are not always able to do so.
User Submissions — Image, Video, Audio Files
You agree to only post or upload media (like photos, videos, or audio) on the Hello Doktor Site or a Social Media Platform that you have taken yourself or that you have all rights to transmit and license and which do not violate trademark, copyright, privacy, or any other rights of any other person. Photos or videos of celebrities and cartoon or comic images are usually copyrighted by the owner.
By uploading any media on the Hello Doktor Site or a Social Media Platform, you warrant that you have permission from all persons appearing in your media for you to make this contribution and grant rights described herein. Never post a picture or video of or with someone else unless you have their explicit permission.
You agree that you will not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or this Web site.
Hello Doktor reserves the right to review all media prior to submission to the site and to remove any media for any reason, at any time, without prior notice, at our sole discretion.
Hello Doktor has several tools that allow you to record and store information. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your Hello Doktor passwords or accounts. It is your sole responsibility to: (1) control the dissemination and use of sign-in name, screen name and passwords; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your Hello Doktor account and password; (3) promptly inform Hello Doktor if you believe your account or password has been compromised or if there is any other reason you need to deactivate a password. To send us an email, use the “Contact Us” links located at the bottom of every page of our site. You grant Hello Doktor and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Site the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the Site. Hello Doktor cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties’ use or misuse of information transmitted or received using Hello Doktor tools and services.
User Content Guidelines
If you use, or post User Content on, a Public Area, such as message boards, blogs, Ask Our Expert, or our Physician Directory, or post on any Social Media Platform, you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found in the Public Areas or on the Social Media Platforms. Hello Doktor and its licensors are not responsible for the consequences of any communications in the Public Areas or on Social Media Platforms. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
- Using a Public Area or Social Media Platform for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Hello Doktor in its sole discretion;
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
- After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person;
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Harvesting, scraping or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Posting the same note more than once or “spamming”; or
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Area, Social Media Platform or the Site, or which, in the judgment of Hello Doktor, exposes Hello Doktor or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
Reviews posted on the Physician Directory are further subject to the Hello Doktor Editorial Policy.
Hello Doktor Reserves the Right (but is Not Obligated) to Do Any or All of the Following:
- Record the dialogue in public chat rooms.
- Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s).
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas or on a Social Media Platform.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the Hello Doktor Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
Hello Doktor or its licensors have no liability or responsibility to users of the Hello Doktor Site or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
Advertisements, Searches, and Links to Other Sites
Notice and Takedown Procedures; and Copyright Agent
If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this web site by contacting Hello Doktor’s copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, Hello Doktor maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of the Site who are repeat infringers.
Last modified: July 20th, 2020