What is chuchuhuasi used for?
Chuchuhuasi is a tree. The barks, roots, and leaves are used to make medicine.
People apply chuchuhuasi to the skin for skin cancer.
As a food, chuchuhuasi is used as a flavoring agent.
How does it work?
There are not enough studies about how chuchuhuasi works. Please discuss with your herbalist or doctor for more information. However, it is known that chuchuhuasi might slow cancer growth. It might also prevent bacterial and fungal infections. Chuchuhuasi contains chemicals that have antioxidant effects.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using chuchuhuasi?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist or herbalist, if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription.
- You have allergy with any substances of chuchuhuasi or other medications or other herbs.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
- You have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
The regulations for an herb are less strict than the regulations for a drug. More studies are needed to determine its safety. The benefits of taking this herb must outweigh the risks before use. Consult with your herbalist or doctor for more information.
How safe is chuchuhuasi?
It isn’t known if chuchuhuasi is safe or what the possible side effects might be.
Special precautions & warnings
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of chuchuhuasi during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
What kind of side effects may I have from chuchuhuasi?
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about side effects, please consult your herbalist or doctor.
What interactions may I have with chuchuhuasi?
Chuchuhuasi may interact with your current medications or medical conditions. Consult with your herbalist or doctor before using.
The information provided is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your herbalist or doctor before using this medication.
What is the usual dose for chuchuhuasi?
The dose for chuchuhuasi may be different for every patient. The dose that you take depends on your age, health, and several other conditions. Herbs are not always safe. Please discuss with your herbalist or doctor for your appropriate dosage.
What form does chuchuhuasi come in?
Chuchuhuasi may be available in the following forms:
- Raw chuchuhuasi
- Chuchuhuasi capsules
- Chuchuhuasi liquid extract
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.