What is Kremil-S Extra Strength® used for?
Kremil-S Extra Strength® is commonly used for:
- Relieving symptoms of hyperacidity associated with peptic ulcer, gastritis, esophagitis, and dyspepsia.
- Alleviating the symptoms of gassiness, including postoperative gas pain, associated with hyperacidity.
- Supporting to H2-blockers or proton pump inhibitors for the rapid relief of ulcer symptoms.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Kremil-S Extra Strength®.
What is the dose of Kremil-S Extra Strength® for an adult?
Consult your doctor for information about the dose of Kremil-S Extra Strength®.
Recommended doses in some cases are 1 to 2 tablets taken one hour after each meal and at bedtime or as prescribed by a doctor.
What is the dose of Kremil-S Extra Strength® for a child?
The dosage has not been established in pediatric patients. It may be unsafe for your child. It is always important to fully understand the safety of the drug before using. Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How should I take Kremil-S Extra Strength®?
For orally taken form, you should:
- Chewed then swallowed Kremil-S Extra Strength® without water or swallowed whole with water as directed by your doctor concerning: dose, schedule.
- Read the label carefully before using Kremil-S Extra Strength®.
- Consult your doctor for any information on the label that you do not clearly understand.
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Kremil-S Extra Strength®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
What side effects can occur from Kremil-S Extra Strength®?
As taking others medicines, taking Kremil-S Extra Strength® can cause some side effects. Most of them are rarely occurring and do not need any supplementary treatment. However, it is always important for you to consult your doctor if you have any problem after taking this medicine.
Some of side effects are listed below:
- Chalky taste
- Allergic reactions (such as skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue)
- Bone or joint aches and pains
- Confusion or irritability
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting
- Unusually weak or tired
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
What should I know before using Kremil-S Extra Strength®?
Before using Kremil-S Extra Strength®, tell your doctor if you have:
- Allergic reaction to excipients using for dosage form containing Kremil-S Extra Strength®.
- Allergic reaction to any other medicines, foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
- Used any other health conditions, drugs that have a risk of interaction with Kremil-S Extra Strength® as listed below, such as:
- Bowel, intestinal, or stomach disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Sodium (salt) restricted diet
- Stomach bleeding or obstruction
- An unusual or allergic reaction to aluminum hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide, simethicone
Is it safe in specific conditions (e.g. pregnancy, breastfeeding, or surgery)?
There are no adequate studies in women for determining risk when using Kremil-S Extra Strength® during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Kremil-S Extra Strength®.
What drugs may interact with Kremil-S Extra Strength®?
Kremil-S Extra Strength® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Products may interact with this drug, including:
- Heart medicines, such as digoxin or digitoxin
- Iron salts
- Medicines for breathing difficulties like ipratropium and tiotropium
- Medicines for diabetes
- Medicines for fungal infections like itraconazole and ketoconazol
- Medicines for osteoporosis like alendronate, etidronate, risedronate and tiludronate
- Medicines for overactive bladder like oxybutynin and tolterodine
- Medicines for seizures like ethotoin and phenytoin
- Phenothiazines like chlorpromazine, mesoridazine, prochlorperazine, thioridazine
- Sodium fluoride
- Sodium polystyrene sulfonate
- Thyroid hormones like levothyroxine
- Vitamin D
Does food or alcohol interact with Kremil-S Extra Strength®?
Kremil-S Extra Strength® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
How do I store Kremil-S Extra Strength®?
Kremil-S Extra Strength® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Kremil-S Extra Strength® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Kremil-S Extra Strength® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Kremil-S Extra Strength® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
How is Kremil-S Extra Strength® available?
Kremil-S Extra Strength® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Chewable tablet contains Aluminum Hydroxide 356 mg, Magnesium Hydroxide 466 mg and Simethicone 20 mg.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.