What is Dayclear® cough cold flu relief used for?
Dayclear® cough cold flu relief is commonly used for temporarily relieving these common cold and flu symptoms:
It also helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
How should I take Dayclear® cough cold flu relief?
This drug comes in a liquid form. Take it by mouth with a full glass of water. Ask your doctor for more information.
How do I store Dayclear® cough cold flu relief?
Dayclear® cough cold flu relief is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Dayclear® cough cold flu relief in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Dayclear® cough cold flu relief that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Dayclear® cough cold flu relief down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Dayclear® cough cold flu relief?
Before using this drug, tell your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Dayclear® cough cold flu relief or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to salicylates (including aspirin) or any other pain reliever / fever reducer.
- You are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- Your child is under 12 years of age.
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to you.
- You have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn or if you have ulcers or bleeding problems.
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, diabetes or thyroid disease.
- You have a cough with excessive phlegm (mucus).
- You have difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
- You have a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema.
- You have a chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breath.
- You have a sodium restricted diet.
- You are taking a diuretic.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using Dayclear® cough cold flu relief during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Dayclear® cough cold flu relief.
What side effects can occur from Dayclear® cough cold flu relief?
Stop use and ask a doctor if an allergic reaction occurs.
Seek medical help right away if:
- Pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- Signs of stomach bleeding
- Feel faint
- Vomit blood
- Bloody or black stools
- Stomach pain that does not get better
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Dayclear® cough cold flu relief?
Dayclear® cough cold flu relief may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Does food or alcohol interact with Dayclear® cough cold flu relief?
Dayclear® cough cold flu relief may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Dayclear® cough cold flu relief?
Dayclear® cough cold flu relief may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Dayclear® cough cold flu relief.
What is the dose of Dayclear® cough cold flu relief for an adult?
Adults and children 12 years of age and over:
30 mL (2 tablespoon) every 4 hours.
Do not exceed 180 mL (12 tbsp) in a 24-hour period.
What is the dose of Dayclear® cough cold flu relief for a child?
The dosage has not been established in pediatric patients. It may be unsafe for your child. It is always important to fully understand the safety of the drug before using. Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How is Dayclear® cough cold flu relief available?
Dayclear® cough cold flu relief is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Dayclear® cough cold flu relief, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Review Date: October 16, 2017 | Last Modified: December 19, 2019
Dayclear® cough cold flu relief. https://www.drugs.com/otc/590867/dayclear-cough-cold-and-flu.html. Accessed October 16, 2017
Dayclear® cough cold flu relief. http://dayclear.com/products/cough-cold-flu. Accessed October 16, 2017