Danzen® is commonly used for treatment of inflammation after operation, traumatic injury and inflammation of the following diseases and symptoms:
- Otorhinolaryngoloy sinusitis
- Gynecology engorgement of the breast
- Urology cystitis
- Dentistry and oral surgery
- Pericoronitis of the wisdom teeth
- Alveolar abscess
It is also used to treat inadequate expectoration of sputum in the following diseases:
- Pulmonary tuberculosis
- Bronchial asthma and inadequate expectoration of sputum after anesthesia.
Danzen® may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How should I take Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase)?
Use Danzen® after meal. Remember not to crush, break, or chew the tablets. Swallow Danzen® whole with a glass of water.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Danzen®.
How do I store Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase)?
Danzen® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Danzen® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Danzen® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Danzen® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase)
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist, if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Danzen® or other medications.
- You have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using this medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking this medication.
What side effects can occur from Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase)?
Here are side effects:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances (anorexia, gastric discomfort, and nausea)
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis
- Anaphylactic shock symptoms
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase)?
Danzen® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Here are some medications may interact with Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase):
- Do not taking Danzen® with medications that slow blood clotting (Anticoagulant / Antiplatelet drugs) include aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), diclofenac (Voltaren, Cataflam, others), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, others), dalteparin (Fragmin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), heparin, warfarin (Coumadin), and others. Because Danzen® might decrease blood clotting and increase the chances of bruising and bleeding.
Does food or alcohol interact with Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase)?
Danzen® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase)?
Danzen® may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have,
These health conditions below may interact with Danzen®:
- Blood coagulation abnormalities
- Severe hepatic
- Renal disturbances
- Under treatment with anticoagulants
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication.
What is the dose of Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase) for an adult?
The recommended dose: one tablet orally three times daily.
What is the dose of Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase) for a child?
The dosage has not been established in pediatric patients. It may be unsafe for your child. It is always important to fully understand the safety of the drug before using. Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How is Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase) available?
Danzen® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Danzen® tablet: 5mg Serratiopeptidase Oral enzyme preparation
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
It is also important to carry a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking with you in case of emergencies.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Danzen®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Review Date: December 29, 2016 | Last Modified: December 19, 2019
Danzen® (Serratiopeptidase). http://www.meppo.com/pdf/drugs/478-DANZEN-1328514127.pdf. Accessed November 07, 2016