What is Axcel Fungicort® used for?
Axcel Fungicort® is commonly used for the relief of fungal infections of the skin such as candidiasis, tinea, and pityriasis versicolor. Also, it is used to treat many immune and allergic disorders, including arthritis, lupus, severe psoriasis, severe asthma, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease.
How should I take Axcel Fungicort®?
Use cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your finger and gently spread the cream onto the itchy, irritated skin outside the vagina as directed by your doctor or on the packaging.
- Wash your hands immediately after using cream.
- To clear up your infection completely, continue using cream for the full course of treatment.
How do I store Axcel Fungicort®?
Axcel Fungicort® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Axcel Fungicort® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Axcel Fungicort® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Axcel Fungicort® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Axcel Fungicort®?
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement.
- If you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
- If you have the blood disease porphyria or a history of liver disease, or you have been exposed to HIV.
- If you have stomach, shoulder, or lower back pain; fever; chills; nausea; foul-smelling vaginal discharge; or vomiting.
- If this is the first time you have had vaginal itching and discomfort.
- If you have vaginal yeast infections often (e.g., once a month or 3 in 6 months).
- If you are taking antibiotics.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There are no adequate studies in women for determining risk when using this medication during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking this medication.
What side effects can occur from Axcel Fungicort®?
Some side effects could happen when you use this medication, such as:
- Local irritation and sensitivity reactions
- Contact dermatitis
- Loss of skin collagen
- Local hypopigmentation
- Increased burning, itching, irritation of the skin or vagina
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
What drugs may interact with Axcel Fungicort®?
Axcel Fungicort® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
- Amphotericin B
- Ascorbic acid
Does food or alcohol interact with Axcel Fungicort®?
Axcel Fungicort® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Axcel Fungicort®?
Axcel Fungicort® may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication.
What is the dose of Axcel Fungicort® for an adult?
Apply ≥1 cm onto the lesion according to its size, once daily. Continue without interruption until the lesion has completely disappeared.
What is the dose of Axcel Fungicort® for a child?
The dosage has not been established in pediatric patients. It may be unsafe for your child. It is always important to fully understand the safety of the drug before using. Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How is Axcel Fungicort® available?
Axcel Fungicort® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Cream – Micronized Hydrocortisone 1%, Micronized Miconazole Nitrate 2%
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of medication, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.