What is Bricanyl Expectorant® (Guaifenesin, Terbutaline Sulfate) used for?
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication.
What is the dose of Bricanyl Expectorant® (Guaifenesin, Terbutaline Sulfate) for an adult?
Recommended doses for adults is 10-15 ml taken 2-3 times per day.
Consult your doctor for information about the dose of Bricanyl Expectorant®.
What is the dose of Bricanyl Expectorant® (Guaifenesin, Terbutaline Sulfate) for a child?
Recommended doses in some cases are listed below:
- Children aged from 7-15 years, 5-10 ml taken 2-3 times per day.
- Children aged from 3-6 years, 2.5-5 ml taken 2-3 times per day.
- Children aged less than 3 years, 2.5 ml taken 2-3 times per day.
The dosage has not been established in pediatric patients. It may be unsafe for your child. It is always important to fully understand the safety of the drug before using. Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How should I take Bricanyl Expectorant® (Guaifenesin, Terbutaline Sulfate)?
For orally taken form, you should:
- Take Bricanyl Expectorant® by mouth as directed by your doctor concerning: dose, schedule.
- Read the label carefully before using medication.
- Consult your doctor for any information on the label that you do not clearly understand.
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of medication, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
What side effects can occur from Bricanyl Expectorant® (Guaifenesin, Terbutaline Sulfate)?
As taking others medicines, taking Bricanyl Expectorant® can cause some side effects. Most of them are rarely occurring and do not need any supplementary treatment. However, it is always important for you to consult your doctor if you have any problem after taking this medicine.
Some of the side effects include:
- Allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat;
- Dizziness or headache;
- A rash;
- Nausea, vomiting, or stomach upset;
- Shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet;
- Trembling or shaking of the hands or feet;
- Extra heartbeat;
- Feeling faint, dizzy, or lightheadedness;
- Feeling of warmth or heat.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
What should I know before using Bricanyl Expectorant® (Guaifenesin, Terbutaline Sulfate)?
Before using Bricanyl Expectorant®, tell your doctor if you have:
- Allergic reaction: to Bricanyl Expectorant®, excipients using for dosage form containing Bricanyl Expectorant®. The information is detailed in the leaflet.
- Allergic reaction to any other medicines, foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
- Used any other health conditions, drugs that have a risk of interaction with Bricanyl Expectorant®.
Is it safe in specific conditions (e.g. pregnancy, breastfeeding, or surgery)?
There are no adequate studies in women for determining risk when using Bricanyl Expectorant® during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking this medication.
What drugs may interact with Bricanyl Expectorant® (Guaifenesin, Terbutaline Sulfate)?
Bricanyl Expectorant® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Does food or alcohol interact with Bricanyl Expectorant® (Guaifenesin, Terbutaline Sulfate)?
Bricanyl Expectorant® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
How do I store Bricanyl Expectorant® (Guaifenesin, Terbutaline Sulfate)?
Bricanyl Expectorant® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Bricanyl Expectorant® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Bricanyl Expectorant® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Bricanyl Expectorant® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
How is Bricanyl Expectorant® (Guaifenesin, Terbutaline Sulfate) available?
Bricanyl Expectorant® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Solution oral: Per 5 ml containing Guaifenesin 66.65 mg, terbutaline sulfate 1.5 mg
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.