What is schizonepeta used for?
Schizonepeta is a plant. The parts that grow above the ground are used to make medicine.
Schizonepeta is used for:
How does it work?
There are not enough studies about how schizonepeta works. Please discuss with your herbalist or doctor for more information. However, it is known that schizonepeta contains chemicals that might help some skin conditions such as eczema.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using schizonepeta?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist or herbalist, if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription.
- You have allergy with any substances of schizonepeta or other medications or other herbs.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
- You have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
The regulations for an herb are less strict than the regulations for a drug. More studies are needed to determine its safety. The benefits of taking this herb must outweigh the risks before use. Consult with your herbalist or doctor for more information.
How safe is schizonepeta?
Schizonepeta appears to be safe in low doses for most people. In high doses, a chemical in schizonepeta might damage the liver.
Special precautions & warnings
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of schizonepeta during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Liver disease: There is a concern that schizonepeta might make liver disease worse. Don’t use it if you have a liver problem.
What kind of side effects may I have from schizonepeta?
If you have any concerns about side effects, please consult your herbalist or doctor.
What interactions may I have with schizonepeta?
Schizonepeta may interact with your current medications or medical conditions. Consult with your herbalist or doctor before using.
The information provided is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your herbalist or doctor before using this medication.
What is the usual dose for schizonepeta?
The dose for schizonepeta may be different for every patient. The dose that you take depends on your age, health, and several other conditions. Herbs are not always safe. Please discuss with your herbalist or doctor for your appropriate dosage.
What form does schizonepeta come in?
Schizonepeta may be available in the following forms:
- Schizonepetaliquid extract
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.