What is phenibut used for?
Phenibut is a chemical similar to a brain chemical called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). It is used as medicine.
Phenibut is used for:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Improving memory, learning, and thinking
How does it work?
There are not enough studies about how phenibut works. Please discuss with your doctor for more information. However, studies in animals shows that it might decrease anxiety and have other effects on the body. But phenibut has not been studied in people, so no one knows whether it might work as a medicine.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using phenibut?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription.
- You have allergy with any substances of phenibut or other medications or other herbs.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
- You have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
The regulations for a supplement are less strict than the regulations for a drug. More studies are needed to determine its safety. The benefits of taking this supplement must outweigh the risks before use. Consult with your doctor for more information.
How safe is phenibut?
There is not enough information to know if phenibut is safe. It has not been studied in people.
Special precautions & warnings
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: not enough is known about the use of phenibut during pregnancy and breast-feeding. stay on the safe side and avoid use.
What kind of side effects may I have from phenibut?
Some of the most common side effects seen with phenibut usage include:
- Stomach discomfort
- Unconsciousness or memory loss (in serious cases)
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about side effects, please consult your doctor.
What interactions may I have with phenibut?
Phenibut may interact with your current medications or medical conditions. Consult with your doctor before using.
The information provided is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor before using this medication.
What is the usual dose for phenibut?
The dose for phenibut may be different for every patient. The dose that you take depends on your age, health, and several other conditions. Supplements are not always safe. Please discuss with your doctor for your appropriate dosage.
What form does phenibut come in?
Phenibut may be available in the following dosage forms:
- Phenibut powder
- Phenibut HCL capsules
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.