What is miracle fruit used for?
Miracle fruit is an evergreen shrub that grows in West Africa. The berry of the miracle fruit plant is used as medicine.
People take miracle fruit to treat diabetes and correct chemotherapy-related taste disturbances.
In foods, miracle fruit is used as a low-calorie sugar-free sweetener.
How does it work?
There are not enough studies about how miracle fruit works. Please discuss with your herbalist or doctor for more information. However, it is known that miracle fruit contains a chemical that affects taste receptors in the tongue. This chemical makes the tongue register sour tastes as sweet tastes. The chemical itself has no taste at all.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using miracle fruit?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist or herbalist if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription.
- You have allergy with any substances of miracle fruit or other medications or other herbs.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
- You have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
The regulations for an herb are less strict than the regulations for a drug. More studies are needed to determine its safety. The benefits of taking this herb must outweigh the risks before use. Consult with your doctor for more information.
How safe is miracle fruit?
There isn’t enough information available to know if miracle fruit is safe.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of miracle fruit during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
What kind of side effects may I have from miracle fruit?
If you have any concerns about side effects, please consult your herbalist or doctor.
What interactions may I have with miracle fruit?
Miracle fruit may interact with your current medications or medical conditions. Consult with your herbalist or doctor before using.
The information provided is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your herbalist or doctor before using this medication.
What is the usual dose for miracle fruit?
The dose for miracle fruit may be different for every patient. The dose that you take depends on your age, health, and several other conditions. Herbs are not always safe. Please discuss with your herbalist or doctor for your appropriate dosage.
What form does miracle fruit come in?
Miracle fruit may be available in the following forms:
- Raw miracle fruit
- Miracle berries fruit extract powder
- Melting miracle fruit tablets
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.