What is TheraFlu ® Syrup used for?
How should I take TheraFlu ® Syrup?
For orally taken form, you should:
- Take TheraFlu® Syrup by mouth as directed by your doctor concerning: dose, schedule.
- Read the label carefully before using TheraFlu® Syrup.
- Consult your doctor for any information on the label that you do not clearly understand.
How do I store TheraFlu ® Syrup?
TheraFlu ® Syrup is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store TheraFlu ® Syrup in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of TheraFlu ® Syrup that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush TheraFlu ® Syrup down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using TheraFlu ® Syrup?
Before using this drug, tell your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of TheraFlu ® Syrup or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
- You have used any other health conditions, drugs that have a risk of interaction with TheraFlu ® Syrup as having severe high blood pressure, severe heart blood vessel disease, rapid heartbeat, or severe heart problems or being unable to urinate or being having an asthma attack; taking another medicine that contains acetaminophen or diphenhydramine (including topical medicines); taking sodium oxybate (GHB) or furazolidone or a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (e.g., phenelzine) within the last 14 days.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There are no adequate studies in women for determining risk when using TheraFlu ® Syrup during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking TheraFlu ® Syrup. TheraFlu ® Syrup is pregnancy risk category N, according to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
FDA pregnancy risk category reference below:
- A=No risk
- B=No risk in some studies
- C=There may be some risk
- D=Positive evidence of risk
What side effects can occur from TheraFlu ® Syrup?
Some of side effects may occur:
- Loss of appetite
- Nervousness or anxiety
- Trouble sleeping
- Upset stomach
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- Difficulty urinating or inability to urinate
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Mood or mental changes
- Severe drowsiness
- Severe or persistent dizziness, nervousness, light-headedness, or headache
- Severe or persistent trouble sleeping
- Symptoms of liver problems (e.g., dark urine, pale stools, persistent loss of appetite, right-upper stomach pain, yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Vision changes
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with TheraFlu ® Syrup?
TheraFlu ® Syrup may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Products that may interact with this drug are:
- Anticoagulants (e.g., warfarin) or isoniazid
- Digoxin or droxidopa
- Beta-blockers (e.g., propranolol)
- Catechol-o-methyltransferase (COMT) inhibitors (e.g., tolcapone)
- MAOIs (e.g., phenelzine)
- Sodium oxybate (GHB)
- Tricyclic antidepressants (e.g., amitriptyline)
- Bromocriptine or hydantoins (e.g., phenytoin)
- Guanadrel, guanethidine, mecamylamine, methyldopa, or reserpine
Does food or alcohol interact with TheraFlu ® Syrup?
TheraFlu ® Syrup may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with TheraFlu ® Syrup?
TheraFlu ® Syrup may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using TheraFlu ® Syrup.
What is the dose of TheraFlu ® Syrup for an adult?
Recommended dose is 30 mL each 6 hours.
What is the dose of TheraFlu ® Syrup for a child?
Recommended dose for children more than 12 years of age is 30 mL each 6 hours.
For children less than 12 years old: use of TheraFlu® is not recommended.
How is TheraFlu ® Syrup available?
TheraFlu ® Syrup is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Each 30 mL contains 650 mg acetaminophen, 25 mg Diphenhydramine HCl, 10 mg Phenylephrine
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of TheraFlu ® Syrup, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.