What is Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch used for?
Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch is commonly used for the symptomatic relief of pain of muscles and joints associated with strains and sprains.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch.
What is the dose of Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch for an adult?
Apply one plaster to the affected area and leave in place for up to 8 to 12 hours. If pain recurs 8 to 12 hours after applying the first plaster, a second plaster can be applied. Only use one plaster at a time. Do not use more than 2 plasters per day. Do not use for more than 3 days in a row.
Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch is not recommended for use in adolescents under 18 years of age due to insufficient data on safety and efficacy.
What is the dose of Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch for a child?
Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch is not recommended for use in children due to insufficient data on safety and efficacy.
How should I take Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch?
For topically taken form, you should:
- Read the label carefully before using Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch.
- Consult your doctor for any information on the label that you do not clearly understand.
- Apply one plaster to the affected area and leave in place for up to 8 to 12 hours. Only use one plaster at a time. The plaster should not be used on open wounds or on skin with pathological changes such as eczema, acne, dermatitis, inflammation or infection of any nature or on mucous membrane of body orifices, or should not come into contact with the eyes.
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
What side effects can occur from Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch?
As taking others medicines, taking Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch can cause some side effects. Most of them are rarely occurring and do not need any supplementary treatment. However, it is always important for you to consult your doctor if you have any problem after taking this medicine.
Some of side effects are listed below:
- General disorders and administration site conditions
- Application site rash and discoloration
- Nervous system disorders: headache
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders
- Pruritus and rash
- Ear and labyrinth
- Tinnitus (uncommon)
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
What should I know before using Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch?
Before using Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch, tell your doctor if you have:
- Allergic reaction to excipients using for dosage form containing Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch
- Allergic reaction to any other medicines, foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals
- Used any other health conditions, drugs that have a risk of interaction with Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch as listed below.
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance, to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or to any of the excipients listed in section
- Severe heart failure
- Severe hepatic
- Renal dysfunction
- Gastrointestinal bleeding or other active bleeding or bleeding disorders
- Third trimester of pregnancy
- Skin with pathological changes such as eczema, acne, dermatitis, inflammation or infection of any nature or on mucous membrane of body orifices
- Patients with a history of bronchial asthma
Is it safe in specific conditions (e.g. pregnancy, breastfeeding, or surgery)?
During the first and second trimester, the safety of Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch in pregnant women has not been established. Therefore, the use of Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch should be avoided.
During the third trimester, all prostaglandin synthetase inhibitors may induce cardiopulmonary and renal toxicity in the fetus. At the end of the pregnancy, prolonged bleeding time in both mother and child may occur. Therefore, Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch is contraindicated during the last trimester of pregnancy.
It is not known whether cutaneous administration of methyl salicylate could result in sufficient systemic absorption to produce detectable quantities in breast milk. A decision on whether to continue/discontinue breastfeeding or to continue/discontinue therapy with Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch should be made taking into account the benefit of breastfeeding to the child and the benefit of Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch therapy to the woman.
What drugs may interact with Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch?
Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Products may interact with Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch, include:
- Coumarin anticoagulants such as warfarin and revulsives (anti-irritants) and analgesics act synergistically.
Does food or alcohol interact with Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch?
Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
How do I store Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch?
Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
How is Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch available?
Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Medicated plaster containing 10% methyl salicylate (105mg) and 3% levomenthol (31.5mg).
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.