What is Rohto® antibacterial eye drops used for?
Rohto® antibacterial eye drops is commonly used for eye anti-infectives and antiseptics.
How should I take Rohto® antibacterial eye drops?
For topically taken form, you should:
- Apply Rohto® antibacterial eye drops on your eyes as directed by your doctor concerning: dose, schedule.
- Read the label carefully before using Rohto® antibacterial eye drops .
- Consult your doctor for any information on the label that you do not clearly understand.
How do I store Rohto® antibacterial eye drops?
Rohto® antibacterial eye drops is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Rohto® antibacterial eye drops in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Rohto® antibacterial eye drops that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Rohto® antibacterial eye drops down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Rohto® antibacterial eye drops?
Before using Rohto® antibacterial eye drops, tell your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Rohto® antibacterial eye drops or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using Rohto® antibacterial eye drops during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Rohto® antibacterial eye drops.
What side effects can occur from Rohto® antibacterial eye drops?
Common side effects may include:
- Loss of coordination
- Dry mouth, nose, or throat
- Upset stomach
- Dry eyes
- Blurred vision
- Day-time drowsiness or “hangover” feeling after night-time use
Stop using and call your doctor at once if you have:
- Pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest
- Painful or difficult urination
- Little or no urinating
- Confusion, feeling like you might pass out
- Tightness in your neck or jaw
- Uncontrollable movements of your tongue
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction such as hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Rohto® antibacterial eye drops?
Rohto® antibacterial eye drops may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Products that may interact with this drug are:
- Aminocaproic Acid
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate
- Sulfamethoxazole Sodium
Does food or alcohol interact with Rohto® antibacterial eye drops?
Rohto® antibacterial eye drops may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Rohto® antibacterial eye drops?
Rohto® antibacterial eye drops may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Rohto® antibacterial eye drops.
What is the dose of Rohto® antibacterial eye drops for an adult?
Recommended doses for adults is 1 or 2 drops/time taken 5-6 times per day.
What is the dose of Rohto® antibacterial eye drops for a child?
Consult your doctor for information about the dose of Rohto® antibacterial eye drops for your children.
How is Rohto® antibacterial eye drops available?
Rohto® antibacterial eye drops is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Drops; Ophthalmic; Aminocaproic Acid 2%; Chlorpheniramine Maleate 0.02%; Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate 0.1%; Sulfamethoxazole Sodium 4%
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Rohto® antibacterial eye drops, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.