What is Rodogyl® used for?
There are two active ingredients in Rodogyl®: Metronidazol and Spiramycin.
Rodogyl® is commonly used for treatment of buccal-dental infections (dental abscesses, phlegmon, infection of the salivary glands)
Prophylactic treatment of local infections usually happens after dental and dental operations.
How should I take Rodogyl®?
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
How do I store Rodogyl®?
Rodogyl® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Rodogyl® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Rodogyl® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Rodogyl® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Rodogyl®?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist, if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any ingredients of Rodogyl® or other medications.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
It is advisable to avoid taking this product during pregnancy. If you find out you are pregnant while you are taking medication, consult your doctor who can only advise you whether to take the product or not.
During lactation adopting Rodogyl® should be avoided.
What side effects can occur from Rodogyl®?
- Digestive disorders: stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Urticaria (skin rash Nettle), pruritus, edema ( the type of allergy with very rapid swelling).
- Metallic taste in mouth, sore tongue with a feeling of dry mouth, inflammation of the mouth, anorexia (loss of appetite).
- Rare cases of a headache, dizziness, confusion, seizures, pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), reversible upon discontinuation of treatment.
- Reddish-brown colored urine due to the presence of water-soluble pigments derived from the breakdown of the product.
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Rodogyl®?
Rodogyl® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Does food or alcohol interact with Rodogyl®?
Rodogyl® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Rodogyl®?
Rodogyl® may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have, especially hypersensitivity.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication.
What is the dose of Rodogyl® for an adult?
4 to 6 tablets daily for 2 or 3 doses with meals.
What is the dose of Rodogyl® for a child?
- Children from 6 to 10 years: 2 tablets twice daily with meals.
- Children from 10 to 15 years: 3 tablets daily in 3 doses with meals.
How is Rodogyl® available?
Rodogyl® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Film-coated Tablet contains Metronidazol 125mg and Spiramycin 750.000 IU.
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services (115) or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Rodogyl®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.