What is Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire used for?
Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire (Neomycin, Polymyxin B, Dexamethasone) is commonly used for the treatment of superficial bacterial infections of the external auditory canal caused by susceptible organisms, and for the treatment of infections of mastoidectomy and fenestration caused by susceptible organisms.
Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How should I take Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire?
Follow all directions on your prescription label.
Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
To use Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire:
- Shake well before using.
- For use in the ear only. Do not use in eyes.
- Avoid touching the dropper to the ear, fingers, or other objects to preserve the sterility of the solution.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- The external auditory canal should be thoroughly cleaned and dried with a sterile cotton applicator.
- Patients should lie with the affected ear upward, and then the drops should be instilled. This position should be maintained for a few minutes to facilitate penetration of the drops into the ear canal. Repeat, if necessary, for the opposite ear.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use this medication.
How do I store Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire?
Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist, if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using this medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking this medication.
What side effects can occur from Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire?
In the absence of the tympanic membrane may toxic damage hearing and vestibular apparatus.
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire?
Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Does food or alcohol interact with Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire?
Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire?
Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have, especially of:
- Damage to the ear drum infectious or traumatic origin.
- The intolerance to any of the components of the preparation.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire.
What is the dose of Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire for an adult?
1-5 drops; 2 times/day; Therapy should be limited to 7 days.
Your doctor may have prescribed a different dose.
What is the dose of Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire for a child?
1-2 drops; 2 times/day; Therapy should be limited to 7 days.
How is Polydexa® Solution Auriculaireavailable?
Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Ear drops in the vial 10.5 ml
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Polydexa® Solution Auriculaire, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.