What is Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole) used for?
Neo-penotran® is commonly used for
- Vaginal candidiasis;
- Bacterial vaginosis is caused by non-specific, gardnerelleznoy or anaerobic vaginitis;
- Trichomonas vulvovaginitis;
- Mixed vaginal infection.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole).
What is the dose of Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole) for an adult?
Consult your doctor for information about the dose of Neo-penotran®.
- In almost cases, 1 vaginal ovule at night and 1 vaginal ovule in the morning for 7 days should be inserted.
- In recurrent cases, or when vaginitis has resisted other treatments, 1 vaginal ovule should be inserted high into the vagina at night and in the morning for 14 days.
- The ovule should be inserted high into the vagina with the help of the disposable finger stalls enclosed in the package.
- For elderly (over 65 years): dosage as for younger adults.
What is the dose of Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole) for a child?
The dosage has not been established in pediatric patients. It may be unsafe for your child. It is always important to fully understand the safety of the drug before using. Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How should I take Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole)?
Suppositories should be introduced as deeply as possible into the vagina with the help of the included disposable fingertips.
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
Symptoms of metronidazole overdose are:
- Abdominal pain;
- Metallic taste;
- Movement disorders (ataxia);
- Unusual sensations on the skin (paresthesia);
- Decrease of white blood cells;
- Darkening of urine.
Symptoms of miconazole nitrate overdose are:
- Sore throat and mouth;
- Decrease appetite;
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Neo-penotran®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
What side effects can occur from Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole)?
As taking others medicines, taking Neo-penotran® can cause some side effects. Most of them are rarely occurring and do not need any supplementary treatment. However, it is always important for you to consult your doctor if you have any problem after taking this medicine.
Some of side effects are listed below:
- Severe problems with your liver (liver function disorders including metabolic disease called “porphyria”);
- Diseases of the nervous system;
- Disturbances in the production of blood (hematopoiesis).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
What should I know before using Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole)?
Before using Neo-penotran®, tell your doctor if you have:
- Allergic reaction: to Neo-penotran®, excipients using for dosage form containing Neo-penotran®. The information is detailed in the leaflet.
- Allergic reaction to any other medicines, foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
- Used any other health conditions, drugs that have a risk of interaction with Neo-penotran®.
- Neo-penotran® is not recommended to use for virgins, children.
Is it safe in specific conditions (e.g. pregnancy, breastfeeding, or surgery)?
In the second and third trimester of pregnancy, Neo-penotran® can only be applied in case the expected benefit of therapy for the woman outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
What drugs may interact with Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole)?
Neo-penotran® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Products may interact with Neo-penotran®, include:
Does food or alcohol interact with Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole)?
Neo-penotran® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
How do I store Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole)?
Neo-penotran® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Neo-penotran® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Neo-penotran® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Neo-penotran® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
How is Neo-penotran® (Metronidazole, Miconazole) available?
Neo-penotran® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Miconazole nitrate – 100 mg;
- Metronidazole – 500 mg.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.