What is Doufilm® (Salicylic Acid) used for?
Doufilm® is commonly used for removing corns, calluses, and warts. This medication may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication.
What is the dose of Doufilm® (Salicylic Acid) for an adult?
Duofilm® should be applied daily to the affected areas only and to the wart once daily, preferably at bedtime.
What is the dose of Doufilm® (Salicylic Acid) for a child?
Children under the age of 12 should be treated under supervision.
Treatment of infants under the age of 2 is not recommended.
How should I take Doufilm® (Salicylic Acid)?
- First, soak the corn, callus or wart in warm water for 5 minutes to soften the treatment area. Dry thoroughly.
- Your doctor may direct you to use a pumice stone, callus file, or emery board to carefully remove the top dead layers of skin after soaking and before applying the medication. This dead skin removal is only to help the medication work better. Do not try to rub the wart or callus off.
- Apply a thin coat of the medication to cover the entire wart, callus, or corn using the applicator if provided. Be careful to apply it only to the affected area and not the surrounding skin. Let dry for 5 minutes.
- Avoid eyes, mucous membranes. Discontinue if excessive irritation occurs. Product is flammable.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use meditation.
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
It is also important to carry a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking with you in case of emergencies.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Doufilm®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
What side effects can occur from Doufilm® (Salicylic Acid)?
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Doufilm® may cause these side effects, such as:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- Severe irritation;
- Slight burning, skin redness and peeling may occur.
What should I know before using Doufilm® (Salicylic Acid)?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist, if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Doufilm® or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions, such as liver or kidney problems, a skin infection, or skin irritation.
Do not use Duofilm® solution if you have diabetes or poor blood circulation.
Is it safe in specific conditions (e.g. pregnancy, breastfeeding, or surgery)?
Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
The safety of Duofilm® during human pregnancy has not been established. Studies in animals given salicylic acid orally demonstrated embryotoxicity at high doses.
Duofilm is not recommended during pregnancy.
Salicylates are excreted in human milk. Duofilm® is not recommended during lactation.
If used or administered during lactation, care should be taken to avoid contact with the breast area in order to avoid accidental ingestion by the infant.
Always consult your health care provider prior to using Doufilm® if you are pregnant, breastfeeding.
What drugs may interact with Doufilm® (Salicylic Acid)?
Doufilm® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Does food or alcohol interact with Doufilm® (Salicylic Acid)?
Doufilm® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
How do I store Doufilm® (Salicylic Acid)?
Doufilm® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Doufilm® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Doufilm® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Doufilm® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
How is Doufilm® (Salicylic Acid) available?
Doufilm® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Doufilm® topical solution 15ml: Salicylic Acid 16.7%, Lactic Acid 15%.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.