What is Auro® Ear Relief Drops used for?
Auro® Ear Relief Drops is commonly used for treating earwax buildup. It helps to soften, loosen, and remove the earwax. Too much earwax can block the ear canal and reduce hearing. This medication releases oxygen and starts to foam when it comes in contact with the skin. The foaming helps break up and remove the earwax.
Auro® Ear Relief Drops may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How should I take Auro® Ear Relief Drops?
For your protection do not use if tamper evident seal around neck of bottle is missing or broken. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
To use ear drops:
- Remove tamper-evident seal from neck of bottle.
- Tilt head sideways and place drops into ear.
- Tip of applicator should not enter ear canal.
- Keep drops in ear for several minutes by keeping head tilted or placing cotton in ear.
- For external use only. Do not use in the eyes.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use eye drops.
How do I store Auro® Ear Relief Drops?
Auro® Ear Relief Drops is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Auro® Ear Relief Drops in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Auro® Ear Relief Drops that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Auro® Ear Relief Drops down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Auro® Ear Relief Drops?
Before using this drug, tell your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Auro® Ear Relief Drops or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using Auro® Ear Relief Drops during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Auro® Ear Relief Drops.
What side effects can occur from Auro® Ear Relief Drops?
Auro® Ear Relief Drops may cause following side effects, such as:
- A foaming or crackling sound in the ear after using the ear drops
- Temporary decrease in hearing after using the drops
- Mild feeling of fullness in the ear
- Mild itching inside the ear
Seek medical attention immediately if you have one of following symptoms:
- Irritation (too much burning) or pain
- Allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Auro® Ear Relief Drops?
Auro® Ear Relief Drops may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Does food or alcohol interact with Auro® Ear Relief Drops?
Auro® Ear Relief Drops may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Auro® Ear Relief Drops?
Auro® Ear Relief Drops may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
Health conditions that may interact with this drug are:
- Ear drainage or discharge
- Pain, irritation, or rash in the ear
- Had ear surgery
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Auro® Ear Relief Drops.
What is the dose of Auro® Ear Relief Drops for an adult?
Apply 3-4 drops into the affected ear up to 4 times daily.
What is the dose of Auro® Ear Relief Drops for a child?
The dosage has not been established in pediatric patients. It may be unsafe for your child. It is always important to fully understand the safety of the drug before using. Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How is Auro® Ear Relief Drops available?
Auro® Ear Relief Drops is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Ear Drops 22ml
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Auro® Ear Relief Drops, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.