What is Calcinol® used for?
Calcinol® is commonly used for prevention and treatment of calcium deficiency states, e.g., rickets and osteomalacia; other disorders associated with vitamin D resistance; post-menopausal and senile osteoporosis.
Calcinol® may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How should I take Calcinol®?
Calcinol® RB tablet
You can chew, swallow tablet with a glass of water.
Dissolve powder in 200ml water, stir constantly. Drink the mixture immediately.
Calcinol® Syrup F
Carefully measure the dose using a special measuring device/spoon. Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dose.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Calcinol®.
How do I store Calcinol®?
Calcinol® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Calcinol® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Calcinol® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Calcinol® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Calcinol®?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist, if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Calcinol® or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
- You have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using this medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking this medication.
What side effects can occur from Calcinol®?
Here are side effects:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Gastrointestinal irritation
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Calcinol®?
Calcinol® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Product may interact with this drug including Digoxin.
Does food or alcohol interact with Calcinol®?
Calcinol® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Calcinol®?
Calcinol® may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have, such as:
- Cardiac disease
- Renal calculi
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
- Long-term treatment of renal failure
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication.
What is the dose of Calcinol® for an adult?
2tablets; 2-3 times/day, should be taken after meal 1-2 hours.
Calcinol® Syrup F:
5ml; 2 times/day.
What is the dose of Calcinol® for a child?
1tablet; 2-3 times/day, should be taken after meal 1-2 hours.
Calcinol® Syrup F:
- Younger than 1year old:following doctor’s instruction.
- 1-5 years old:5 ml daily or 2,5 ml, 2 times/day.
- Older than 5 years old:5 ml, 2 times/day, or following doctor’s instruction.
How is Calcinol® available?
Calcinol® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Calcinol®-1000 sachet: Calcium Carbonate 2.5 g, vitamin D3400 IU.
- Calcinol® Syrup F: Calcium lactobionate 1,5 g; Calcium gluconate 0,25 g; Vitamin A2500 IU; Vitamin D3(Cholecalciferol) 200 IU; Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)40 mg; Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)2,5 mcg; Edetate Iron natri 33mg.
- Calcinol® RB Tablet: Calcium Carbonate 0.375 g, Calcium phosphate tribasic 75 mg, Ca fluoride 0.5 mg, Mg(OH)250 mg, vit D3 250 IU.
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
It is also important to carry a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking with you in case of emergencies.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Calcinol®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group tidak memberikan nasihat perubatan, diagnosis atau rawatan.