How my baby growing?
At this time, the baby is about the size of a large mango fruit and is 453g heavier with the length of 27.9 cm.
Even though fat is beginning to accumulate in your baby’s body, her skin remains loose and has wrinkled appearance. The baby’s daily workout includes moving the muscles in the fingers, toes, arms and legs. The result is that you can feel the movement has more power in your stomach.
Up to now your baby weighs over 454g. If preterm labor and delivery occur this week, a baby could survive with expert medical care, but may have disabilities from mild to severe. With increasing research and knowledge in the field of fetal medicine, the cases of premature infants are gradually reduced each year.
Body & Life Changes
How is my body changing?
The closer to the date of birth, the more difficult it is for you to sleep. Anxiety, frequent urination evidence, heartburn, leg pain and uncomfortable feelings can turn into the cause of the sleep disruptions at night for pregnant women. But the health of your baby depends on whether you get enough rest or not, so let’s try a warm bath, listen to soothing music, relax with a book or a cup of herbal tea to put you easy to go to sleep.
Many doctors recommend that pregnant women sleep on one side without supine or prone position, such as the blood flow to the placenta will not be restricted. If you feel this uncomfortable, try placing a pillow between your knees to relieve the pressure of body weight while lying on one side.
What should I be concerned about?
You may have leg cramps at night and this can cause you to wake up. Usually, the contractions pain radiating around your calves at night is very popular in the 6th month of pregnancy and no one is sure about the cause of the leg cramps phenomenon.
Whatever is the cause, then you can apply these tips to help prevent and mitigate them:
- When a cramp attacks, be sure to let your legs straight and bend ankles and toes slowly toward your nose (not towards your toes). This will soon ease the pain.
- Exercise elasticity can also help prevent cramps before they attack.
- To reduce the daily tonnage on your feet, put your feet up frequently. You can also wear support stockings during the day. Also you should bend legs periodically.
- Try to stand on a cold surface, this can sometimes prevent a contraction.
- You can massage or warm compresses to reduce pain.
- Make sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
What should I tell my doctor?
Early symptoms of preeclampsia include sudden weight gain, which may result from overeating, hands and facial swelling, unexplained headache, stomach pain and esophageal pain, body itchy and/or vision disorders. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor. If these symptoms are not appeared and you often do a health check, you have no reasons to worry about both preeclampsia.
What tests should I know about?
Until now, going to doctor has started to become a good habit. You may expect the doctor will check some items as follows, although there may be different depending on your specific needs and how to check:
- Measure your weight and blood pressure;
- Check urine for glucose and protein;
- Check the fetal heart rate;
- Measure the size of the uterus by external palpation (feeling from the outside) to see how it correlates to the date of birth;
- The height of the bottom position (top of the uterus);
- Check the swelling of hands and feet, check the varicose veins in the legs;
- The symptoms you have experienced, especially those abnormalities;
- Make a list of questions or issues you want to discuss with your doctor.
Health & Safety
What should I know about being healthy and safe while pregnant?
Bacon or meat which has been processed to preserved as bacon, sausage, ham can be infected with bacteria and harmful microorganisms. This can only be destroyed at high temperatures. So while you are pregnant, it would be wiser if you eat these foods only if they have been cooked until steaming.
You will be more prone to disease during pregnancy because at this time, your immune system is not as healthy as normal. Besides, microbes can cross the placental barrier and attack the baby while the baby’s immune system is not mature enough at this time to fight them.
If you feel numb and pain tightening of the thumb, index finger, middle finger, ring finger and a half, you may have carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Although the pain of carpal tunnel syndrome can strike you at any time of day, you may feel more pain at night. Sleep weighed on hand can worsen the problem, so try to put your head on a pillow at bedtime separately. When the numbness occurs, gently shake hands to be able to reduce numbness. If it is not effective and numbness hands make you lose sleep, please discuss with your doctor. Wearing wrist splints and acupuncture can reduce pain for you.
So next week the fetus will grow like what?
Hello Health Group does not provide any advice, diagnosis or medical treatment.
Review Date: August 11, 2016 | Last Modified: October 26, 2018
Poppy seed to pumpkin: How big is your baby?
http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size. Accessed March 30, 2015.
Pregnancy calendar week 23. http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_center/pregnancy_calendar/week23.html. Accessed March 30, 2015.
Your pregnancy: 23 weeks. http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-23-weeks_1112.bc. Accessed March 30, 2015.