Bad breath is one of many reasons lead to unconfident. Usually, we might not realize our bad breath. But once we know it, it can be embarrassing. Therefore, here are some tips to change your bad breath to good breath.
- Poor oral habits
- Eating foods with strong odors such as garlic or onion
- Dry mouth
- Gum disease
- Other oral problem
A buildup of bacteria in your mouth that causes inflammation and gives off noxious odors or gasses is the main reason cause awful breath. There are many ways to deal with bad breath:
- Drink water and swish them around in your mouth
- Your teeth brush need to be replaced frequently. Usually, people should buy a new brush after two to three months.
- Normal people only need to brush their teeth twice per day. However, bad breath person needs to brush their teeth after every meals and floss.
- Brush your tongue at the time brushing your teeth
- Chew a small piece of lemon, orange or a little amount of parsley, basil or mint. These things will knock out your bad breath.
- Use mouthwash: Beside of brushing your teeth regularly, it’s necessary to use mouthwash or oral rinse. Do not use products that contain alcohol as alcohol cause dry mouth.
- Drink water. Drinking plenty of water prevent dry mouth, which leads to bad breath.
- Drink tea. Tea is a really good drink to prevent awful breath. Especially after eating fish, seafood or dairy product. Tea helps us to fight the bad smells of these foods in our mouth.
- Stop smoking. It has been found that people who smoke have bad breath than others. If you notice, smoker’s teeth usually darken and their breath is also terrible because of nicotine in cigarette.
- Your dentures need to be cleaned as least once per day
- Eat healthily: we all know that certain foods will cause bad breath such as raw onion, garlic, fish. Therefore we could avoid it by eating foods such as brown rice, green vegetable or variety of fruits.
Bad breath can also because of many another disease. Here are some to be aware of: respiratory tract infections such as pneumonia or bronchitis, chronic sinus infections, postnasal drip, diabetes, chronic acid reflux, and liver or kidney problem. Therefore you could not have good breath after trying all simple methods at home, a doctor would be needed for more specific advice.