It’s necessary for ladies to shave their hair for a better look. Here are some tips recommended to women to assist the shaving process.
- Skin need to be softened.
It’s especially important to soften our skin before shaving to avoid cuts and nicks. Nature oil such as coconut oil, olive oil should be used before applying shaving cream on skin to allow the razor to glide more smoothly across your skin. If you have time, exfoliate is also a good thing to do before shaving to gets rid of all the dead skin cells that could clog up your razor, preventing a close shave
- Razor need to be changed frequently.
A dull, blunt blade will definitely lead to cuts and nicks, and an old razor is not very hygienic either. Ladies should only use their razor from three to five times and do not buy a cheep razor.
- Downward, then upward.
We might have heard this: Shave with your brain. After exfoliating and soften our skin, we should shave follow the hair grow direction and then against it. It could be said that we should shave downward, then upward. Women should also shave one spot twice to make sure that all hairs have been removed.
- Use short strokes
Especially when shaving tight and awkward areas like the knees, use careful short strokes to help avoid slicing yourself.
Difference areas on our body need to be treated differently when shaving.
How to shave our legs?
- Moisten your skin with shaving gel or natural oil to avoid cuts and nicks.
- Slightly bend your knees to pull skin tight before shaving because folded skin is hard for hair removing
- Avoid shaving at unhealed cuts.
- Carefully shave in the direction of hair growth and then backward.
- Wash away shaving gel.
How to remove our armpits?
- Moisten skin and apply shaving gel
- Lift your arms up while shaving
- Carefully shave from the bottom first and then backward
- Do not press the razor too hard to avoid skin irritation
- Wash away shaving gel
- Apply lotion to protect your skin
How about Bikini area?
- Moisten your skin properly and apply a thick shaving gel. This process needs to be done carefully as hairs in the bikini area are usually harder to cut and shave than another area.
- Handle the skin in the bikini area gently, as it is thin and tender.
- Shave horizontally, from the outside to the inside of the upper thigh and groin area, using smooth even strokes.
- Bikini areas should be waxing rather than shaving
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Review Date: January 4, 2017 | Last Modified: January 4, 2017
Shaving Tips for Women http://www.schick.com/women-shaving-info/shaving-tips Accessed December 20, 2016
10 Great Shaving Tips, Tricks and Hacks for Women http://www.beautyandtips.com/beauty-2/10-great-shaving-tips-tricks-and-hacks-for-women/ Accessed December 20, 2016
Beauty Hacks: 25 Smooth Shaving Tips Every Woman Should Know http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/beauty-hacks-25-smooth-shaving-tips-every-woman-should-know.html Accessed December 20, 2016