1. Make a commitment to managing your diabetes
2. Don’t smoke
3. Keep your blood pressure and cholesterol under control
4. Schedule yearly physicals and regular eye exams
5. Keep your vaccines up to date
6. Take care of your teeth
7. Pay attention to your feet
8. Consider a daily aspirin
9. If you drink alcohol, do so responsibly
10. Take stress seriously
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Review Date: February 28, 2017 | Last Modified: February 16, 2017
12 Tips to Avoid Diabetes Complications. http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/diabetes-complications-10/slideshow-avoid-damage. Accessed January 5, 2017.
6 Tips for Avoiding Complications From Diabetes. http://www.joslin.org/info/6_tips_for_avoiding_complications_from_diabetes.html. Accessed January 5, 2017.