What is Moriamin® S 2 used for?
Moriamin® S 2 is commonly used for hypoproteinemia, undernutrition, pre and post operations.
How should I take Moriamin® S 2?
This drug is injected by your doctor.
The speed of administration is preferably approximately amino acids 10g in 60 min for the utilization in the body; usually to the standard of 200 mL in 80-100 min (approximately 30-40 drops/min) for an adult, and more slowly for a child, old persons, and serious patients.
It may be adjusted depending on the age, symptoms, and body weight of patients, but the dosage of D-sorbitol must be <100 g daily.
How do I store Moriamin® S 2?
Moriamin® S 2 is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Moriamin® S 2 in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Moriamin® S 2 that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Moriamin® S 2 down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Moriamin® S 2?
Before using this drug, tell your doctor if:
- You are allergic to any ingredient in Moriamin® S 2.
- You are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- You are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement.
- You have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
Since physiological functions are usually reduced in elderly patients, special caution is necessary by measures e.g., reduction of administration speed and dosage.
Also, some cautions for usage that you may notice:
- Before administration: Crystallization may appear in the cold season; in such a case, warm the solution to 50-60°C, and after dissolution, leave it to cool nearly to body temperature before use.
- Do not use unless perfectly transparent.
- Never use the remaining solution after use.
- Preparation: Moriamin® S-2 in one-point-cut ampoules should be opened by snapping the ampoule neck in the direction opposite to the blue mark. Do not use a file to cut it open. Before opening the ampoule, wipe the ampoule neck with ethanol-wetted cotton to prevent contamination of foreign matter.
- Administration speed: Administer slowly into the vein.
- The 200-mL and 500-mL vials are without an airway tube. To prevent leakage, it is necessary to insert the airway needle immediately before drip infusion.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using Moriamin® S 2 during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Moriamin® S 2.
What side effects can occur from Moriamin® S 2?
When using this drug, tell your doctor if you have some side effects, such as:
- Chest discomfort
- Sensation of heat
- Vascular pain
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Moriamin® S 2?
Moriamin® S 2 may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Does food or alcohol interact with Moriamin® S 2?
Moriamin® S 2 may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Moriamin® S 2?
Moriamin® S 2 may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have. Especially if you have:
- Severe acidosis
- Congestive heart failure
- Hepatic coma
- Severe renal disorder or hyperazotemia
- Abnormality of amino acid metabolism
- Hereditary fructose intolerance
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Moriamin® S 2.
What is the dose of Moriamin® S 2 for an adult?
Usually, administer 20-500 mL slowly at onetime IV or by IV drip for adults.
What is the dose of Moriamin® S 2 for a child?
The dosage has not been established in pediatric patients. It may be unsafe for your child. It is always important to fully understand the safety of the drug before using. Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How is Moriamin® S 2 available?
Moriamin® S 2 is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Infusion solution 20 mL
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Moriamin® S 2, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.