What is Madecassol® used for?
How should I take Madecassol®?
For orally taken form, you should:
- Take Madecassol® by mouth as directed by your doctor concerning: dose, schedule.
- Read the label carefully before using Madecassol®.
- Consult your doctor for any information on the label that you do not clearly understand.
How do I store Madecassol®?
Madecassol® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Madecassol® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Madecassol® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Madecassol® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Madecassol®?
Before using Madecassol®, tell your doctor if you have:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Madecassol® or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using Madecassol® during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Madecassol®.
What side effects can occur from Madecassol®?
As taking others medicines, taking Madecassol® can cause some side effects. Most of them are rarely occurring and do not need any supplementary treatment. However, it is always important for you to consult your doctor if you have any problem after taking this medicine.
Some of side effects are listed below:
- Skin Allergy
- Stomach Upset
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Madecassol®?
Madecassol® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Products that may interact with this drug are:
- Sedative medications (CNS depressants) including clonazepam (Klonopin), lorazepam (Ativan), phenobarbital (Donnatal), zolpidem (Ambien)
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol and others)
- Amiodarone (Cordarone)
- Carbamazepine (Tegretol)
- Isoniazid (INH)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex)
- Methyldopa (Aldomet)
- Fluconazole (Diflucan)
- Itraconazole (Sporanox)
- Erythromycin (Erythrocin, Ilosone, others)
- Phenytoin (Dilantin)
- Lovastatin (Mevacor)
- Pravastatin (Pravachol)
- Simvastatin (Zocor)
Does food or alcohol interact with Madecassol®?
Madecassol® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Madecassol®?
Madecassol® may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Madecassol®.
What is the dose of Madecassol® for an adult?
Recommended doses for adults is 6 tablets per day, in case of aggressive treatment. For other cases, take 3 tablets per day.
What is the dose of Madecassol® for a child?
Recommended doses for children less than 30 months is 3 tablets per day, in case of aggressive treatment.
For other cases, take 1.5 tablets per day.
How is Madecassol® available?
Madecassol® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Tablet containing Hydrocotyle (70% v/v reconstituted dry hydroalcoholic extract, containing 40% asiaticoside and 60% madecassic and asiatic acids): 10.00 mg
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Madecassol®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.