What is Premsyn PMS® used for?
Premsyn PMS® is commonly used for the temporary relief of these symptoms associated with menstrual periods:
How should I take Premsyn PMS®?
Consult your doctor for further information.
How do I store Premsyn PMS®?
Premsyn PMS® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Premsyn PMS® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Premsyn PMS® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Premsyn PMS® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Premsyn PMS®?
Before using this drug, tell your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Premsyn PMS® or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
Do not use with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
When using this product:
- You may get drowsy, avoid alcoholic beverages
- Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Use caution when driving or operating machinery
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using Premsyn PMS® during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Premsyn PMS®.
What side effects can occur from Premsyn PMS®?
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days.
- Fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days.
- New symptoms occur.
- Redness or swelling is present.
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Premsyn PMS®?
Premsyn PMS® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Products that may interact with this drug are:
- The blood thinning drug warfarin
- Sedatives or tranquilizers
Does food or alcohol interact with Premsyn PMS®?
Premsyn PMS® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Premsyn PMS®?
Premsyn PMS® may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
Health conditions that may interact with this drug are:
- Liver disease
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Premsyn PMS®.
What is the dose of Premsyn PMS® for an adult?
Adults and children 12 years and over:
- Take 2 caplets with water every 6 hours as needed
- Do not exceed 8 caplets in a 24-hour period or as directed by a doctor
- Do not use more than directed
What is the dose of Premsyn PMS® for a child?
Children under 12 years: ask a doctor.
How is Premsyn PMS® available?
Premsyn PMS® is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Premsyn PMS®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Review Date: November 14, 2017 | Last Modified: November 14, 2017
Premsyn PMS®. https://www.drugs.com/otc/103874/premsyn-pms-premenstrual-syndrome-relief.html. Accessed November 13, 2017
Premsyn PMS®. https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/premsyn-pms-maximum-strength-premenstrual-syndrome-relief-caplets/ID=prod5484-product. Accessed November 13, 2017