What is NasalCrom® Nasal Spray used for?
NasalCrom® Nasal Spray is commonly used for preventing allergic symptoms in the nose. It reduces stuffy/runny nose, mucus dripping into the back of the throat, itching, and sneezing caused by seasonal allergies (hay fever) and other allergens (e.g., dust mites, pet dander).
How should I take NasalCrom® Nasal Spray?
When using NasalCrom®, you should:
- Gently blow your nose before using this drug.
- Use your finger to close the nostril on the side not receiving NasalCrom® (Nasal spray).
- While keeping your head upright, place the spray tip into the open nostril.
- Spray NasalCrom® into the open nostril as you breathe in through your nose.
- Sniff hard a few times to be sure NasalCrom® reaches deep into the nose.
- Repeat these steps for the other nostril.
- Avoid spraying NasalCrom® into your eyes.
- Rinse the spray tip with hot water or wipe with a clean tissue after each use.
- Make sure that water does not get inside the container.
- Replace cap after each use.
How do I store NasalCrom® Nasal Spray?
NasalCrom® Nasal Spray is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store NasalCrom® Nasal Spray in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of NasalCrom® Nasal Spray that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush NasalCrom® Nasal Spray down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using NasalCrom® Nasal Spray?
Before using this drug, tell your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of NasalCrom® Nasal Spray or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using NasalCrom® Nasal Spray during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking NasalCrom® Nasal Spray.
What side effects can occur from NasalCrom® Nasal Spray?
Some of side effects are listed below:
- Severe burning, stinging, or irritation in your nose
- Nosebleeds, sinus pain, or sores in your nose
- Wheezing, tight feeling in your chest
- Fever, green or yellow mucus from the nose
- Mild burning or stinging inside the nose after use
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with NasalCrom® Nasal Spray?
NasalCrom® Nasal Spray may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Does food or alcohol interact with NasalCrom® Nasal Spray?
NasalCrom® Nasal Spray may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with NasalCrom® Nasal Spray?
NasalCrom® Nasal Spray may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using NasalCrom® Nasal Spray.
What is the dose of NasalCrom® Nasal Spray for an adult?
Recommended dose for allergic rhinitis is 1 spray in each nostril 3 to 6 times a day at regular intervals.
What is the dose of NasalCrom® Nasal Spray for a child?
Recommended doses in some cases for allergic rhinitis for children more than 6 years old is 1 spray in each nostril 3 to 6 times daily at regular intervals.
How is NasalCrom® Nasal Spray available?
NasalCrom® Nasal Spray is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Solution for nasal spray, 5.2 mg/ ml
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of NasalCrom® Nasal Spray, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Review Date: June 29, 2017 | Last Modified: September 13, 2019
NasalCrom (Nasal spray). http://www.nasalcrom.com/. Accessed January 5, 2016.
NasalCrom (Nasal spray). https://www.drugs.com/mtm/nasalcrom-nasal.html. Accessed January 5, 2016.
NasalCrom (Nasal spray). http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-14037/nasalcrom-nasal/details. Accessed January 5, 2016.