What is Mentholatum® for Kids used for?
Mentholatum® for Kids is commonly used for:
- Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with a cold
- Reduces cough to help you sleep
How should I take Mentholatum® for Kids?
For external use only.
How do I store Mentholatum® for Kids?
Mentholatum® for Kids is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Mentholatum® for Kids in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Mentholatum® for Kids that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Mentholatum® for Kids down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Mentholatum® for Kids?
Before using this drug, tell your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Mentholatum® for Kids or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
When using this product,
- Do not heat.
- Do not microwave.
- Do not add to hot water or any container where heating water. May cause splattering and result in burns.
- Do not take by mouth or place in nostrils.
- Do not get into eyes.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breast-feeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using Mentholatum® for Kids during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Mentholatum® for Kids.
What side effects can occur from Mentholatum® for Kids?
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- Irritation of the skin occurs.
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Mentholatum® for Kids?
Mentholatum® for Kids may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Does food or alcohol interact with Mentholatum® for Kids?
Mentholatum® for Kids may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Mentholatum® for Kids?
Mentholatum® for Kids may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Mentholatum® for Kids.
What is the dose of Mentholatum® for Kids for an adult?
Use up to 3 times daily or as directed by a doctor.
What is the dose of Mentholatum® for Kids for a child?
The dosage has not been established in pediatric patients under 2 years old. It may be unsafe for your child. It is always important to fully understand the safety of the drug before using. Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How is Mentholatum® for Kids available?
Mentholatum® for Kids is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Topical Cherry Scented Rub
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Mentholatum® for Kids, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Review Date: November 9, 2017 | Last Modified: November 10, 2017
Mentholatum® for Kids. https://www.drugs.com/otc/114179/mentholatum-for-kids-cough-suppressant.html. Accessed November 9, 2017
Mentholatum® for Kids. https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-61770/mentholatum-for-kids-topical/details. Accessed November 9, 2017