What is Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night used for?
Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night is commonly used for relieving relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- Nasal congestion
- Minor aches and pains
- Stuffy nose
- Sinus congestion and pressure
- Sore throat
- Temporarily reduces fever
- Runny nose
How should I take Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night?
For orally taken form, you should:
- Take Contac® Cold Flu Day/Night by mouth as directed by your doctor concerning: dose, schedule.
- Read the label carefully before using Contac® Cold Flu Day/Night.
- Consult your doctor for any information on the label that you do not clearly understand.
How do I store Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night?
Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night?
Before using this drug, tell your doctor if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medications.
- You have allergy with any of active or inactive ingredients of Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night or other medications.
- You have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There isn’t enough information about the safety of using Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night.
What side effects can occur from Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night?
As taking others medicines, taking Contac Cold Flu Day/Night can cause some side effects. Most of them are rarely occurring and do not need any supplementary treatment. However, it is always important for you to consult your doctor if you have any problem after taking this medicine.
- Mild headache
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth, nose, or throat
- Feeling nervous
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Dry mouth
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night?
Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Products that may interact with this drug are:
- Anticoagulants (e.g., warfarin) or isoniazid
- Digoxin or droxidopa
- Beta-blockers (e.g., propranolol)
- Catechol-o-methyltransferase (COMT) inhibitors (e.g., tolcapone)
- MAOIs (e.g., phenelzine)
- Sodium oxybate (GHB)
- Tricyclic antidepressants (e.g., amitriptyline)
- Hydantoins (e.g., phenytoin)
Does food or alcohol interact with Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night?
Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night?
Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have.
Health conditions that may interact with this drug are:
- Asthma or COPD
- Cough with mucus, or cough caused by smoking
- Chronic bronchitis
- A blockage in your stomach or intestines
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack
- Enlarged prostate or urination problems
- Overactive thyroid
- Pheochromocytoma (an adrenal gland tumor)
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night.
What is the dose of Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night for an adult?
The recommended dose of Contac® Cold Flu Day/Night depends on the dosage form. Consult your doctor for information about dose of Contac® Cold Flu Day/Night.
What is the dose of Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night for a child?
The dosage has not been established in pediatric patients less than 2 years old. It may be unsafe for your child. It is always important to fully understand the safety of the drug before using. Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How is Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night available?
Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Oral tablet, oral kit, oral tablet, effervescent, oral liquid. Each minimum dosage unit contain Acetaminophen 500mg/ Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg/ Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5mg
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Contac® Cold & Flu Day/Night, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Review Date: June 29, 2017 | Last Modified: September 13, 2019
Contac Cold Flu Day/Night. https://www.drugs.com/otc/132156/contac-cold-and-flu-day-night.html. Accessed January, 5, 2016.
Contac Cold Flu Day/Night. http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-148078/contac-cold-flu-day-and-night-oral/details. Accessed January, 5, 2016.
Contac Cold Flu Day/Night. http://www.contac.com/products/contac-day-night/. Accessed January, 5, 2016.