What is Berocca® (Multivitamin) used for?
Berocca® is commonly used for:
- Improve alertness and concentration;
- Improve physical stamina and reduce tiredness and fatigue;
- Enhance mental performance;
- Improve mood and reduce tiredness.
How should I take Berocca® (Multivitamin)?
- Dissolve effervescent tablets in a glass of water, then take by mouth.
- It comes as a film coated tablet to take by mouth.
- With or without food.
- You can take Berocca® at any time during the day. But to keep you feeling tip-top throughout the day, it’s best to start off with Berocca® bright, early each and every morning.
How do I store Berocca® (Multivitamin)?
Berocca® is best stored at room temperature away from direct light and moisture. To prevent drug damage, you should not store Berocca® in the bathroom or the freezer. There may be different brands of Berocca® that may have different storage needs. It is important to always check the product package for instructions on storage, or ask your pharmacist. For safety, you should keep all medicines away from children and pets.
You should not flush Berocca® down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. It is important to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Precautions & warnings
What should I know before using Berocca® (Multivitamin)?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist, if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because, while you are expecting or feeding a baby, you should only take medicines on the recommendation of a doctor.
- You are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
- You have allergy with any ingredients of Berocca® or other medications.
Is it safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There are no adequate studies in women for determining risk when using Berocca® during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Please always consult with your doctor to weigh the potential benefits and risks before taking Berocca®. Berocca® is pregnancy risk category A, according to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
FDA pregnancy risk category reference below:
- A=No risk;
- B=No risk in some studies;
- C=There may be some risk;
- D=Positive evidence of risk;
What side effects can occur from Berocca® (Multivitamin)?
- Mild diarrhea;
- Stomach upset;
- Severe allergic reactions such as rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue;
- Feeling of swelling of the entire body;
- Numbness or tingling of the skin.
Not everyone experiences these side effects. There may be some side effects not listed above. If you have any concerns about a side-effect, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What drugs may interact with Berocca® (Multivitamin)?
Berocca® may interact with other drugs that you are currently taking, which can change how your drug works or increase your risk for serious side effects. To avoid any potential drug interactions, you should keep a list of all the drugs you are using (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. For your safety, do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drugs without your doctor’s approval.
Taking Berocca® with these medications may cause drug interactions:
Alli (orlistat); Anisindione;
Calcijex (calcitriol); Calcitriol;
|Coumadin (warfarin); Dicumarol; Doxercalciferol; Fluorouracil;
Hectorol (doxercalciferol); Jantoven (warfarin); Miradon (anisindione);
|Rocaltrol (calcitriol); Velcade (bortezomib); Warfarin;
Welchol (colesevelam); Xeloda (capecitabine); Xenical (orlistat); Zemplar (paricalcitol).
Does food or alcohol interact with Berocca® (Multivitamin)?
Berocca® may interact with food or alcohol by altering the way the drug works or increase the risk for serious side effects. Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist any potential food or alcohol interactions before using this drug.
What health conditions may interact with Berocca® (Multivitamin)?
Berocca® may interact with your health condition. This interaction may worsen your health condition or alter the way the drug works. It is important to always let your doctor and pharmacist know all the health conditions you currently have, especially:
- Severe hypercalciuria;
- Impaired renal function;
- Effervescent tab: phenylketonuria patients.
The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication.
What is the dose of Berocca® (Multivitamin) for an adult?
1 tab daily.
What is the dose of Berocca® (Multivitamin) for a child?
Berocca® is only recommended for children 12 years and over.
How is Berocca® (Multivitamin) available?
Berocca® (Multivitamin) is available in the following dosage forms and strengths:
- Effervescent tablets are available in three great tasting flavours (Orange, Original Berry and Mango and Orange).
- Film Coated Tablet.
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services (115) or go to your nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of Berocca®, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose.
Hello Health Group does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Berocca® (Multivitamin). http://www.mims.com/singapore/drug/info/Berocca® (Multivitamin)%20performance. Accessed September 23, 2016.
Berocca® (Multivitamin). http://origin.Berocca® (Multivitamin).com.au/products/. Accessed September 23, 2016.
Review Date: October 11, 2016 | Last Modified: September 12, 2019